cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

ISE 11.1 on Windows 10

I originally installed ISE 11.1 System Edition on a PC running Windows XP. I was using update 11.4. That PC has just crashed so I have to reinstall System Edition 11.1 on another PC running Windows 10. I ran the DVD and got to the "Select products to install" page. Only ISE Design tools, Plan Ahead and Chipscope Pro were available. EDK and DSP tools did not show up. Why is this happening?  

Regards, 

Ivan

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted

Re: ISE 11.1 on Windows 10

Hi @irad,

Windows10 is not supported for ISE so may lead to unexpected result.

Please go through http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/62380.html and see if it helps.

Thanks,
Arpan
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Use ISE 14.7 . This ISE version only supported by Xilinx. I would recommend you to use Vivado if you are using latest version of Device .

Xilinx recommend only to use ISE 14.7 with supported OS
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Mentor
Mentor

Hi irad

As arpansur mentioned before, Windows 10 is not supported for ISE.

However, if you want to install ISE on Windows 10, I recommend that you use Virtual Machine, like VM ware and/or Virtual Box and you choose guest OS as Linux, ex. CentOS, OpenSUSE and so on.

I'm sure that you can use ISE on your Windows 10 PC.

Thank you.

Best regards,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

What about Windows 7? I ran the installation DVD on a Windows 7 PC but I had the same problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Mentor
Mentor

Hi irad

As balkris mentioned before, I recommend that you use ISE 14.7 on Windows 7.

As you know, ISE 14.7 is only supported by Xilinx and Xilinx stop any improvement and so on.

So if you want to use ISE, please use ISE 14.7 and supported OS, like Windows 7.

Thank you.

Best regards,

0 Kudos
Visitor
Visitor

Thank you all for your replies. Unfortunately my license doesn't cover ISE 14.7. I only need ISE 11.4 to maintain a project on a Virtex 5 device. Once I start a new project on one of the latest devices I am going to purchase Vivado. 

I nearly managed to get everything installed using the link Arpan supplied. I installed ISE 11.1 on Windows 10 using the setup from the 32-bit directory on the installation DVD. Now I just need to upgrade to 11.4 so that I can link System Generator with Matlab 2009b. This was the design flow I used before my old PC crashed. I downloaded  the 11.4 ISE product update for Windows 64-bit together with the ISE design suite shared components. I installed both of them. All ISE components were updated to 11.4 except System Generator which stayed at 11.1. Is there anything else I can do to bring System Generator up to 11.4? I couldn't launch XilinxUpdate from the ISE project navigator. I got an exception when I tried. I also tried running the ISE 11.4 product update for Windows 32-bit but that failed to start. 

Regards,

Ivan

0 Kudos