UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

ISE 11.2, Impact can't find USB II cable, SLED 11 Linux 64 bit

Highlighted
Visitor

ISE 11.2, Impact can't find USB II cable, SLED 11 Linux 64 bit

Impact does not find USB II cable using libusb.  It works fine for me with ISE 10.1.03.

-My OS is Suse Linux 64 bit Enterprise Desktop 11

-I have libusb and fxload packages installed (works fine with ISE 10.1.03)

-I have run the setup_pcusb script

-I have tried setting  XIL_IMPACT_USE_LIBUSB env var to 0, 1, and not defined.

-I have tried creating a soft link in my home directory named libusb.so in my home directory to 

/usr/lib/libusb-0.1.so.4.4.4 

-I have tried creating a soft link in my home directory named libusb.so in my home directory to 

/usr/lib64/libusb-0.1.so.4.4.4 

-The USB cable LED turns green when it is plugged into computer

-USB II cable and target are proven good because it works when I switch back to ISE 10.1.03

Any ideas or thoughts would be most appreciated.  I am a Linux newbie and not sure what else to try.

Visitor

Re: ISE 11.2, Impact can't find USB II cable, SLED 11 Linux 64 bit

It turns out that you do need a soft link but I was putting it in the wrong directory and pointing it to the wrong .so file.

Here is what I did that got it working for me:

cd to the /usr/lib64 directory

sudo ln -s libusb-0.1.so.4 libusb.so

Also I had to set the XIL_IMPACT_USE_LIBUSB env var to 1.  Even though the Xilinx install notes for 11.1 say you do not need to define it.

This is on a 64 bit OS so I am assuming if you are running a 32 bit OS that you may want to do the same thing in the /usr/lib directory instead?