UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor jnewcomb
Visitor

ISE 14.1 Licensing Error

Jump to solution

I have a problem getting the 32bit version of ISE 14.1 to work with my node locked license file. When I try to run implementation with the 32bit version of ISE it returns a Flexnet Licensing error:-9,57 . The 64bit version of ISE does not give this error but gives erroneous MAP errors and from reading the forums does not work correctly for Windows 10. I have the license file in both the c:\.Xilinx directory and in another directory but setting the path to either has not worked. The same license file works fine for Vivado but I need ISE to work on older devices. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scholar drjohnsmith
Scholar

Re: ISE 14.1 Licensing Error

Jump to solution
That does mean purchasing a licence for Windows 7 .
If that's a concern, the Linux options could be lower cost
<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Jump to solution

Hello @jnewcomb ,

What exact Operating System are you running ISE on? Is it Windows 10 OS?

In relation to ISE, Xilinx only supports the following operating systems on x86 and x86-64 processor
architectures.

image.png

This info can be found from these ISE related release notes:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx14_1/irn.pdf

Is that the case in your situation or are you trying to run ISE 14.1 on Windows 10 OS, which is unsupported version of OS for ISE 14.1?

If that is the case, then this is the reason why you are seeing this behaviour, as ISE 14.1 wasn't even tested on Win10, so this behaviour is expected in this case.

Can you confirm on the above please? Thanks

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
Visitor jnewcomb
Visitor

Jump to solution

I realize that ISE is not officially supported by Windows 10 but the reality is customers have to support older devices not covered by Vivado and Windows 7 has not really been around for 7 years. I had ISE working under windows 10 in August of this year but had windows to crash on my system and thus have had to reinstall ISE. There are some steps that I had read before that someone had figured out to make it to work I just haven't found the right thread to find the instructions. I was posting this in hopes  that someone could point me to the right thread.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hello @jnewcomb ,

I would suggest to you installing e.g. Windows 7 virtual machine on your Windows 10 OS and that way, you can then install Full ISE 14.1 on Win 7 VM.

That way you should be able to overcome this issue.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
Scholar drjohnsmith
Scholar

Jump to solution
That does mean purchasing a licence for Windows 7 .
If that's a concern, the Linux options could be lower cost
<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>

View solution in original post