cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oldradarguy

ISE 14.7 on Windows 10 crashes

Jump to solution

I’m trying to use ISE 14.7 in Windows 10.

1.png

ISE 14.7 starts okay, but if I click on New Project, it crashes.

I was able to get it to run by clicking on an *.xise file, but if I close that project and try to open another project, I get this popup error:

2.png

_pn.exe

_pn.exe has stopped working

Kind of frustrating not being able to open and close projects in ISE.

There's a link to a video in a different post, but that video has been removed.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
nupurs

@oldradarguy,

See if this AR helps in your case:
https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/62380.html

Thanks,
Nupur
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (click on the 'thumbs-up' button).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
nupurs

@oldradarguy,

See if this AR helps in your case:
https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/62380.html

Thanks,
Nupur
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (click on the 'thumbs-up' button).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
salman
Observer
Observer

Why does ISE 14.7 crash on windows 10? Are those devices no longer supported? It would crash on startup while creating a new project and I found one solution to rename some Portability dlls in the installed files. Now it runs but I am getting real weird behavior and sometimes weird screen dialogs on occasion that seem messed up (illegible).  Do I need to install a Win7 VM to use Spartan 6 devices? 

0 Kudos
ansarimo
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @salman,

Spartan-6 is supported on ISE 14.7, Which ISE 14.7 are you using is it ISE 14.7 win10 VM version or ISE 14.7 win7 version?

Please share the above information by raising a new forum topic particularly for your issue so that community can help you in a better way.

Thanks and Regards,

Ansari Hunen

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as a solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos