UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISE: ERROR:Security:9c - No 'ISE' nor 'WebPack' feature was available for part 'xc3s1600e'.

Hello All,

When I am trying to running map, I am getting the following error message:

Started : "Map".
Running map...
Command Line: map -intstyle ise -p xc6slx9-tqg144-2 -w -logic_opt off -ol high -t 1 -xt 0 -register_duplication off -r 4 -global_opt off -mt off -ir off -pr off -lc off -power off -o logipi_machine_vision_map.ncd logipi_machine_vision.ngd logipi_machine_vision.pcf
Using target part "6slx9tqg144-2".
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
INFO:Security:54 - 'xc6slx9' is a WebPack part.
INFO:Security:61 - The XILINXD_LICENSE_FILE environment variable is not set.
INFO:Security:63 - The LM_LICENSE_FILE environment variable is not set.
INFO:Security:68 - For more information or for assistance in obtaining
a license, please run the Xilinx License Configuration Manager
(xlcm or "Manage Xilinx Licenses".)
INFO:Security:68a - user is armen_gev, on host unknown.
ERROR:Security:9c - No 'ISE' nor 'WebPack' feature version 2013.10 was available
for part 'xc6slx9'.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
No such feature exists.
Feature: WebPack
License path:
/home/armen_gev/.Xilinx/Xilinx.lic:/opt/Xilinx/14.7/ISE_DS/ISE//data/*.lic:/opt/
Xilinx/14.7/ISE_DS/ISE//coregen/core_licenses/Xilinx.lic:/opt/Xilinx/14.7/ISE_DS
/ISE//coregen/core_licenses/XilinxFree.lic:/opt/Xilinx/14.7/ISE_DS/EDK/data/core
_licenses/Xilinx.lic:
FLEXnet Licensing error:-5,357
For further information, refer to the FLEXnet Licensing documentation,
available at "www.flexerasoftware.com".No such feature exists.
Feature: ISE
License path:
/home/armen_gev/.Xilinx/Xilinx.lic:/opt/Xilinx/14.7/ISE_DS/ISE//data/*.lic:/opt/
Xilinx/14.7/ISE_DS/ISE//coregen/core_licenses/Xilinx.lic:/opt/Xilinx/14.7/ISE_DS
/ISE//coregen/core_licenses/XilinxFree.lic:/opt/Xilinx/14.7/ISE_DS/EDK/data/core
_licenses/Xilinx.lic:
FLEXnet Licensing error:-5,357
For further information, refer to the FLEXnet Licensing documentation,
available at "www.flexerasoftware.com".
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
ERROR:Map:258 - A problem was encountered attempting to get the license for this
architecture.

Design Summary
--------------
Number of errors : 1
Number of warnings : 0

Process "Map" failed

Could you please let me know how to resolve this problem ?

Tools and additional details:

• ISE: 14.7
  • License: I just download the nodelocked license so it should be the last one.

I've read the solutions in this forum and checked my license but nonetheless, I can't seem to figure out my problem.

Please not that the 'xinfo' and licnese are attached.

Thanks in advance,

Armen

0 Kudos
6 Replies

Re: ISE: ERROR:Security:9c - No 'ISE' nor 'WebPack' feature was available for part 'xc3s1600e'.

@armen_gevorgyan,

From the Xinfo.txt i see that Your Xilinx License is not picked up.

Capture.PNG

Make sure you have set the XILINXD_LICENSE_FILE pointing to correct License location.

Check the below AR#38293

http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/38293.html

--Syed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Did you check our new quick reference timing closure guide (UG1292)?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos

Re: ISE: ERROR:Security:9c - No 'ISE' nor 'WebPack' feature was available for part 'xc3s1600e'.

@armen_gevorgyan,

Your License is evaluation License for Vivado HLS. So it can only be used for HLS and not for ISE.

Capture.PNG

--Syed

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Did you check our new quick reference timing closure guide (UG1292)?

Thank you Syed very much for clarifications.

The thing is the following that currently I am unable to generate license for the ISE design suite (in getting license there is no option for the ISE) and it seems that spartan 6 is not supported in Vivado HLS.

Could you please give me advice how can I proceed with the 'xc6slx9' package ?

Thanks in advance,
Armen

0 Kudos

@armen_gevorgyan

Check below link to get list of supported devices in webpack license:

http://www.xilinx.com/publications/matrix/Software_matrix.pdf

>>The thing is the following that currently I am unable to generate license for the ISE design suite (in getting license there is no option for the ISE)

Do you have any purchased license?

>>it seems that spartan 6 is not supported in Vivado HLS.

Yes, Vivado only supports 7-series and above devices.

Thanks,
Anusheel
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Search for documents/answer records related to your device and tool before posting query on forums.
Search related forums and make sure your query is not repeated.

Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helps to resolve your query.
Helpful answer -> Give Kudos
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Hi Anusheel,

<<< Do you have any purchased license?

I am trying to use a 30-day evaluation license

Alos I found out that here this topic was discussed and guys were advised to communicate with nearest Xilinx Distributors.

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Installation-and-Licensing/Cannot-find-30-day-evaluation-for-ISE/td-p/447790

For me it's becaming closed circle.

Thanks,

Armen

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @armen_gevorgyan

Yes, as mentioned in the thread/link in your post, you have to contact your nearest distributor for 30-day ISE evaluation license.

Thanks,

Vinay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.
0 Kudos