Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

ISE Preferences not working

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am using ISE 11.4 on Linux (64-bit)  platform. I have noticed that ISE doesn't take into account some of the options that I set in Edit->Preferences->ISE General Options. Fopr example I tried switching off opening "What's New Document" in the startup and enabling "Open Last Project". However "What's New" Document still opens at the startup and ISE opens with a blank project with zero Recent Files/Projects history.

Interestingly, for ISE 11.4 installation on 32-bit WinXP, I didn't encounter this problem at all. Is it a bug?

Sincerely,

Kumar Vijay Mishra.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

I was having the same problem on my system (Ubuntu 9.10 32-bit) after upgrading from WebPack 11.1 to 11.4. After a little poking around, I found that the problem was caused by root ownership of the file ~/.config/Xilinx/ISE.conf. chown'ing the file to my username solved the problem.

Cheers,

Wayne

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted

I was having the same problem on my system (Ubuntu 9.10 32-bit) after upgrading from WebPack 11.1 to 11.4. After a little poking around, I found that the problem was caused by root ownership of the file ~/.config/Xilinx/ISE.conf. chown'ing the file to my username solved the problem.

Cheers,

Wayne

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Participant
Wow wekimsey...that did the trick. Thanks a lot!
Tags (2)
0 Kudos