UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor cederom
Visitor

ISE on FreeBSD and dynamic libraries *.so dependencies

Jump to solution

Some time ago I have switched from Linux to FreeBSD because Linux is a mess. I can emulate linux applications, I could run ISE 11 on my BSD using this technique. ISE 12 however was is missing some dynamic libraries, but I found them on the installation "lib/lin" subdirectory, then added this directory to /usr/compat/linux/etc/ls.so.conf.d/xilinx-ise12.conf and rerun /usr/compat/linux/sbin/ldconfig -i. Maybe some of you may like this solution :-)

Best regards,

Tomek

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Visitor cederom
Visitor

Re: ISE on FreeBSD and dynamic libraries *.so dependencies

Jump to solution

This problem is caused by improper linking the dynamic libraries path into Xilinx ISE - the libraries are on the LDPATH but they are not loaded by ISE, so the solution is to link them where ISE wants them to be. I have posted solution on FreeBSD forums [1] and have working Xilinx ISE 13.1.

Still I have no working cables. The cable drivers are even not working on Linux, as the kernel API again changed... this is why Linux is a mess. Why dont you release version for FreeBSD instead Xilinx? :-)

Is there any way to make cable working on FreeBSD???

[1] http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?t=17776&highlight=xilinx 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Visitor cederom
Visitor

Jump to solution

This problem is caused by improper linking the dynamic libraries path into Xilinx ISE - the libraries are on the LDPATH but they are not loaded by ISE, so the solution is to link them where ISE wants them to be. I have posted solution on FreeBSD forums [1] and have working Xilinx ISE 13.1.

Still I have no working cables. The cable drivers are even not working on Linux, as the kernel API again changed... this is why Linux is a mess. Why dont you release version for FreeBSD instead Xilinx? :-)

Is there any way to make cable working on FreeBSD???

[1] http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?t=17776&highlight=xilinx 

0 Kudos
Visitor cederom
Visitor

Jump to solution

Anyway, please provide dynamic libraries within the installer package as those libraries ase VERY helpful in running linux binaries on non linux systems...

0 Kudos