cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LukasVik
Participant
Participant

Increase web installer authentication token lifetime?

Jump to solution

Hello,

Xilinx is pushing hard for people to use the unified web installer instead of the single file download (SFD):

We strongly recommend to use the web installers as it reduces download time and saves significant disk space (https://www.xilinx.com/support/download.html)

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Blog-Archive/Best-way-to-download-Xilinx-Design-Tools/td-p/816995

Especially now that the SFD is >40 GB large.

Me and, I would presume, many other users have continued to use the SFD for one simple reason: With the SFD it is possible to do an automated (scripted) installation without user interaction. This is used by me and others for automatic installation of tools on a new PC, creating docker images, etc.

With the web installer you have to manually generate a download token before you do the installation, which expires in a few days. This makes it hard (impossible) to have an automated approach, which was possible with the SFD.

I understand that you must have the authenticated download token due to export regulations. But I think that if the generated token had a longer lifetime, many people would find the unified web installer easier to use.

Would it be possible to extend the lifetime of the token, to perhaps three months? A year? Even indefinitely?

Best regards

Lukas Vik

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
anatoli

Hello @LukasVik ,

I can confirm that unfortunately, there are currently no plans to extend the lifetime of the token.

One option option for you in this case is for you to use the webinstaller to get the SFD and then you can deploy. There is an option in webinstaller to download SW now and install later:

image.png

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

If starting with Versal, take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our
Versal Blogs

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
anatoli

Hello @LukasVik ,

I will bring this up for discussion with our development team and will update you then on any feedback we would receive from them on this matter. We can update you then and I hope this is OK with you.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support

Versal Blogs

LukasVik
Participant
Participant

Great, thank you @anatoli .

0 Kudos
anatoli

Hello @LukasVik ,

I can confirm that unfortunately, there are currently no plans to extend the lifetime of the token.

One option option for you in this case is for you to use the webinstaller to get the SFD and then you can deploy. There is an option in webinstaller to download SW now and install later:

image.png

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support

Versal Blogs

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
LukasVik
Participant
Participant

Hello @anatoli ,

Okay, thanks anyway!

Best regards

Lukas