cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
srilatha
Visitor
Visitor

Installation error

I got a problem while installing the Xylinx software , Please suggest how can I  resolve this to ensure my successful installation.

Error :  

srilatha_0-1618473319543.png

0 Kudos
6 Replies
drjohnsmith
Teacher
Teacher

we are going to need much more info than this 

<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
0 Kudos
kdeshwal
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @srilatha ,

Which Xilinx Software are you installing and at what stage are you facing the error?
Please add details to your query.

Thanks,
Kuldeep

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please give Kudo and Accept as a Solution if solution provided seems helpful.
Have a look at our Versal Design Process Hub, Versal Blogs and the Versal Forum Useful Resources
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
srilatha
Visitor
Visitor

@kdeshwal,

Thank you for your response. I tried downloading the software but couldn't able to  because of  failed  Export compliance. Xilinx team replied  that my account originates from a location(Oman) blocked by export compliance. At least it would help if you considered the people working in academia in providing downloading privilege's.

My PhD supervisor helped me in downloading the Xilinx Vivado  ,when i was trying to install the design suite , it showing the error as I mentioned before.

Could you please help me out in this regard.?

Thanks

Srilatha

0 Kudos
ansarimo
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @srilatha 

In relation to this error, unfortunately, due to strict internal export control policy, it is no longer possible to maintain an online account in some E or D category countries.

I suspect your country is either in E or D region due to which you are facing the installation error:

For more info, please go through the link below.

https://www.bis.doc.gov/index.php/documents/regulation-docs/2255-supplement-no-1-to-part-740-country-groups-1/file

The Answer Record in the error message also explains this situation: https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/44043.html

If the Export Compliance team had already verified your profile and have made clear that your account originates from a location(Oman) blocked by export compliance then in that case it is not recommended to download the software in some supported location and then transfer it to E or D region as doing so you will go against the US Government policy, However, there is nothing much that can be done in this situation.

If needed then try out the following suggestions and check if it helps:

What exact OS are you running this on?

Also, can you please try running the web installer using "run as administrator" and then see if you still see the same "bad request" error or not?

This behavior can also occur when the system date and time are not set correctly on the machine.

Correcting the date and time of the system should prevent this problem from occurring.

This behavior has also been seen on machines where the time displayed on the screen was correct but the time zone was wrong. After correcting the time zone and rerunning the installer, the downloader should work correctly then.

Can you double-check on this, please?

If possible then try installing the tool in the batch mode, refer to the following user guide for Batch mode installation flow using web installer: https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2020_2/ug973-vivado-release-notes-install-license.pdf#page=56

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,

Ansari Hunen

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as a solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
drjohnsmith
Teacher
Teacher

@srilatha 

seems that your in a country that Xilinx as a US company are not allowed to provide software or hardware to .

To change that, you need to talk to the US congress, ......

You have a relationship with a university, I assume you have paid them for the cource

as such you are in a strong position of having a contract with that university

get back onto the university, they will be able to help you ,

<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
anatoli

Hello @srilatha ,

As correctly indicated by @drjohnsmith , you'd need to go back to your University professor/supervisor and ask them to download a full Xilinx Vivado Single File Download (SFD) file and provide this to you. What they gave you is a Webinstaller, so this is just a "helper" executable and not the installation files itself, that allows users to select the product/device etc. that would need to downloaded of the sever first and then to be installed. And that is when the Export Compliance checks are done. Hence you are seeing this "badRequest" error.

With SFD, the files are already downloaded, so if your professor/supervisor downloads this for you, installation won't need to have internet access to install the files, and hence, you won't be hit by Export Compliance checks. Again, your University professor/supervisor would need to help you with this.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

If starting with Versal, take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our
Versal Blogs

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------