Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zelda
Visitor
Visitor

Installation problem

Jump to solution

Hello everyone,

so im trying to install xilinx vivado 2020.2 on my desktop PC and im having issue with the installer. When i run it it extraxts data then shows vivado figure with xilinx/vivado info and then it goes away. I should note that im trying to install it on win 10 home edition 1909, which should be supported acording to the release notes. 

Any ideas what might be the issue ? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ansarimo
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @Zelda 

With the web installer, if you right-click on e.g. 'Xilinx_Unified_2020.2_1118_1232_Win64.exe' file and do "Run as administrator", then you should get a similar prompt as in my example screenshot below. Do you see this in your case? 

ansarimo_2-1618467670693.png

If so, if you click on OK, does it then lets you continue further with the installation process or not? You should see this GUI pop-up next:

ansarimo_4-1618467783668.png

In your case, does it even bring up a security warning for you to indicate the administrator to run this executable or not?

If possible then try installing the tool in the batch mode, refer to the following user guide for Batch mode installation flow using web installer: https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2020_2/ug973-vivado-release-notes-install-license.pdf#page=56

Also, share a Install log file located at , e.g.win: C:\Users\<user_name>\.Xilinx\xinstall\xinstall_xxxxxx.log for further examination.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,

Ansari Hunen

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ansarimo
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @Zelda 

With the web installer, if you right-click on e.g. 'Xilinx_Unified_2020.2_1118_1232_Win64.exe' file and do "Run as administrator", then you should get a similar prompt as in my example screenshot below. Do you see this in your case? 

ansarimo_2-1618467670693.png

If so, if you click on OK, does it then lets you continue further with the installation process or not? You should see this GUI pop-up next:

ansarimo_4-1618467783668.png

In your case, does it even bring up a security warning for you to indicate the administrator to run this executable or not?

If possible then try installing the tool in the batch mode, refer to the following user guide for Batch mode installation flow using web installer: https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2020_2/ug973-vivado-release-notes-install-license.pdf#page=56

Also, share a Install log file located at , e.g.win: C:\Users\<user_name>\.Xilinx\xinstall\xinstall_xxxxxx.log for further examination.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,

Ansari Hunen

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Zelda
Visitor
Visitor

Hello,

i did run it as administator and tried multiple versions of Vivado. I managed to install it through batch mode. The only issues im having now is that IP block from catalog wont generated because of [IP_Flow 19-167] Failed to deliver one or more file(s). I tried running it as administator but it still cant pull the files from the ip catalog directory. Any ideas how to solve that ?

0 Kudos