cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gszakacs
Professor
Professor

Installed ISE 14.5 and dongle-based nodelocked license does not work for new version

Jump to solution

I have been using ISE Embedded edition with a nodelocked license tied to a flex dongle

(USB "9" series).  When I open the license manager for ISE 13.4, everything looks fine.

The ISE 14.5 license manager says the host ID does not match.  Is there something

I need to update for licensing with version 14.5?

Here's a screen shot showing license managers for 13.4 (background) and 14.5  Note that

the dongles don't show up in the status bar of 14.5

-- Gabor
License_Mgr.PNG
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
graces

Check out this answer.

http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/55509.htm

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
If starting with Versal take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our Versal Blogs.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
graces

Check out this answer.

http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/55509.htm

If starting with Versal take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our Versal Blogs.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
gszakacs
Professor
Professor

Thanks for the answer.

I also had ISE 14.2 installed on the same machine and noted that it does not exhibit the

same problem.

On an aside, I tried to go back to the downloads page to see if this answer record was noted

in the "known issues" for ISE 14.5, but the ISE page was not available:

503 Service Temporarily Unavailable

This patch seems important enough to show up on the download page.  Note that I

downloaded 14.5 just this week, so the answer record and patch already existed at

that time.

-- Gabor
0 Kudos
graces

Hi Gabor,

It's linked from 14.5 - known issues in Download page > AR #46491 > (Xilinx Answer 47297) 14.x ISE - Known Issues for Xilinx software licensing in ISE Design Suite 14.x.

0 Kudos