Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Installing ISE 14.7 on Win7 64

Jump to solution

Hello

I am trying to install ISE on a Win7 64 PC. My problem is that the thing just freezes on the first welcome splash screen.

When I first run it I get a Windows firewall message asking if I want to grant permission to the program to access the network which I do. Thereafter, none of the buttons, Preferences, Next or Cancel respond at all. I get no error messages of any kind.

Any suggestions where I may be going wrong?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Thank you everyone. I am embarrased to say that I downloaded the Win10 version for my Win7 PC.. All good now.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

Which version of ISE 14.7 are you installing ?

one is for windows 10 , the other is for windows 7,

<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello @noddy14,

Were you able to install ISE 14.7 at this stage or still seeing issues and need further support on this matter? If so, please let us know and we will be glad to help you further then.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

@noddy14

If the installer starts to launch (the splash screen is visible) and then goes away, there is an issue with the execution of the boot loader. The boot loader has dependencies on the PATH environment variable, so the first thing to check is that the PATH environment variable looks correct (special characters in particular can be an issue).

Reset the PATH to the minimum (windows directories) and try again.

Thanks,
Nupur
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (click on the 'thumbs-up' button).
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Thank you everyone. I am embarrased to say that I downloaded the Win10 version for my Win7 PC.. All good now.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hello @noddy14,

Thanks a lot for letting us know and we are glad to see your issue is resolved now.

As your issue is solved, please mark an appropriate response as Accepted Solution (more info on this can be found here: https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/solutions#solutions), so  the topic can be completed then. We appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance and have a great day and enjoy your weekend.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

You are not alone,

it happens a lot , 

I think xilinx  could improve things a lot, 

but ISE seems to be low priority for them,

<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
0 Kudos