Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
beep7886
Visitor
Visitor

Installing floating license for ISE

Jump to solution

I purchased Vivado design suite last week which also came with ISE embedded floating license as well.  I am trying to get the ISE floating license up and running so I can have access to the full parts list for the Virtex 4 family, (I want to build for LX160).  I am having some issues getting the license to work.  I downloaded flexlm_v11.11 and used the steps found on this forum in a different thread to get my floating license to show up on the Xilinx License Configuration manager as shown below

lmgrd.exe -c C:\Xilinx\Xilinx.lic 

XILINXD_LICENSE_FILE: 2100@navabs-PC;C:/Xilinx/Xilinx.lic
LM_LICENSE_FILE: 2100@navabs-PC;C:/Xilinx/Xilinx.lic

I attached an image so you can see that the floating license is shown on my XLCM.  When I go to start a new project the full devices are not showing up, (I still cant select the part I want, which is Virtex 4 XC4VLX160).  I was told by a Xilinx rep that I have been  emailing that "it appears as though you have the full ISE loaded in your license manager...... but many not have installed it"  
What steps am I not covering??
Thanks in advance for the help
Brandon
licenses.PNG
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
arpansur

Hi @beep7886,

Were the suggestions helpful?

Thanks,
Arpan
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
arpansur

Hi @beep7886,

I think by mistake you installed webpack. It's not issue with license rather your installation.

Please check if you are able to select the webpack devices listed in snapshot. If you are able to select the webpack devices and not able to see non webpack devices then you need to reinstall ISE e.g.; embedded edition according to your requirement

Thanks,
Arpan
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

1.JPG
2.JPG
0 Kudos
arpansur

Hi @beep7886,

Were the suggestions helpful?

Thanks,
Arpan

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
beep7886
Visitor
Visitor
Yes thank you so much for the help and quick response.
0 Kudos