cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Java crash before actual installation starts

Hello, I am trying to install Vivado within Ubuntu for Windows 10, but this is what I keep getting after configuring and proceeding with the installation:

#
# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#
#  SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0x00007fc60d07a74e, pid=5592, tid=0x00007fc599660700
#
# JRE version: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (8.0_112-b15) (build 1.8.0_112-b15)
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (25.112-b15 mixed mode linux-amd64 compressed oops)
# Problematic frame:
# V  [libjvm.so+0xa8c74e]
#
# Failed to write core dump. Core dumps have been disabled. To enable core dumping, try "ulimit -c unlimited" before starting Java again
#
# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
#   http://bugreport.java.com/bugreport/crash.jsp
#

./xsetup: line 71: 5592 Aborted                        (core dumped) ${X_JAVA_HOME}/bin/java ${ARGS} -splash:${root}/data/images/splash.png -jar ${root}/lib/classes/xinstaller.jar

bin/rm: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: failed to map segment from shared object

The reason I want to install Vivado for Linux is that there is source code that I want to use but is only set up to compile in Linux (it's all makefiles).

Please help.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted

Hello @Anonymous,

Please check your Services settings and ensure that the 'Server' status is Started or Running. More info regarding this is given here:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/70194.html

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Anatoli

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos