Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shengfei
Observer
Observer

KC705 Vivado License Issue

Jump to solution

I just purchased the KC705 evaluation board online and got it on April 26, 2019. I put the voucher information to activate the board, but how to activate Vivado Design Suite 2018 and Vivado HLx 2018? They are still in evaluation status. These are the steps I have done:

1) Redeem the voucher

2) Only select the KC705 kit to activate. I got the license file and deployed.

3) I tried to modify the license file by selecting Vivado Design Suite 2018. New license file created and deployed, but Vivado Design Suite 2018 is still in evaluation mode. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
anatoli

Hello @shengfei ,

Indeed, the HLS licensing feature is included with Vivado WebPACK license, as shown below.

image.png

However, System Generator feature for example, isn't included with the Vivado WebPACK license, so for SysGen, you'd need to purchase a separate SysGen standalone license file.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

If starting with Versal, take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our
Versal Blogs

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

9 Replies
andresb
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee
0 Kudos
shengfei
Observer
Observer

Hi Andres,

Thanks for the information. I'm using the node-locked license. So does it mean I can't use Vivado 2018?

Sincerely

Shengfei

0 Kudos
anatoli

Hello @shengfei ,

Can you please share your license file and also please attach your Xinfo report generated on the machine where you are seeing this licensing issue?

Xinfo.txt can be generated by running the "report_environment –file xinfo.txt" command in Vivado TCL console.

Based on the above files, it would be then possible to see the root cause of the problem.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support

Versal Blogs

0 Kudos
shengfei
Observer
Observer

Hi Anatoli,

Thanks for the information. Here are the files. I have two license files under XilinxLicense folder: one trial, one generated one. 

Thanks for your help.

Sincerely

Shengfei

0 Kudos
shengfei
Observer
Observer

Here is the license files.

0 Kudos
anatoli

Hello @shengfei ,

Thanks for sharing the required files.

Based on these, i can see you have successfuly install your XC7K325T_LOGIC_EDITION Vivado software permanent license file, as well as your Vivado 30-days evaluation license. This Vivado eval license will get expired on the 29th of May.

Please note that this XC7K325T_LOGIC_EDITION Vivado software permanent license only supports the following licensing features: ChipScopePro_SIOTK, ChipscopePro, ISIM, PlanAhead, WebPACK, PartialReconfiguration, XC7K325T, Simulation and Analyzer

For example, Vivado HLS isn't supported by this license file, as this is a LOGIC edition license, so SysGen, HLS, XPS aren't included with this license file, as expected.

In Vivado, you should not have any issues in targeting XC7K325T part in your design, and this will let you to Synthesize, Implement and generate your bitstream targeting this particular device.

However, Vivado HLS or Sysgen - to use these tools, you'd need an additional license file.

When you say: "...how to activate Vivado Design Suite 2018 and Vivado HLx 2018? They are still in evaluation status. "

Can you please share a screenshot of what you mean by this? Are you seeing a Synthesis licensing issue for example when trying to Synthesize your design?

Can you confirm on the above please? Thanks

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support

Versal Blogs

shengfei
Observer
Observer

Hi @anatoli 

Thanks a lot for all the information. I think I'm clear about the license now. Initially I thought Vivado HLS 2018 is included in the purchase.

By the way, just a double check, WebPACK also contains HLS, right?

Sincerely

Shengfei

0 Kudos
anatoli

Hello @shengfei ,

Indeed, the HLS licensing feature is included with Vivado WebPACK license, as shown below.

image.png

However, System Generator feature for example, isn't included with the Vivado WebPACK license, so for SysGen, you'd need to purchase a separate SysGen standalone license file.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support

Versal Blogs

View solution in original post

shengfei
Observer
Observer

Thanks a lot for all your help.

0 Kudos