Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Kcu105_daq2 project build failed

Jump to solution

Hi guys,

When I use Cygwin to build the reference project from Analog (https://github.com/analogdevicesinc/hdl/releases), it shows:

open_run: Time (s): cpu = 00:01:27 ; elapsed = 00:01:18 . Memory (MB): peak = 4632.918 ; gain = 289.098
INFO: [Timing 38-91] UpdateTimingParams: Speed grade: -2, Temperature grade: E, Delay Type: min_max.
INFO: [Timing 38-191] Multithreading enabled for timing update using a maximum of 2 CPUs
WARNING: [Timing 38-453] Line(s) in the report have been truncated to keep line length below 5000 characters.
report_timing_summary: Time (s): cpu = 00:01:11 ; elapsed = 00:00:41 . Memory (MB): peak = 4904.383 ; gain = 271.465
error copying "daq2_kcu105.runs/impl_1/system_top.sysdef": no such file or directory
while executing
"file copy -force $project_name.runs/impl_1/system_top.sysdef $project_name.sdk/system_top.hdf"
invoked from within
"if [expr [get_property SLACK [get_timing_paths]] < 0] {
file copy -force $project_name.runs/impl_1/system_top.sysdef $project_name.sdk/system_top_..."
(procedure "adi_project_run" line 25)
invoked from within
"adi_project_run daq2_kcu105"
(file "system_project.tcl" line 14)
INFO: [Common 17-206] Exiting Vivado at Sat Nov 16 01:02:12 2019...

I searched about it and it says that I don't have the IP core license for the JESD204 board.

My vivado license is valid for 2017.4.1 so I used the release for this version.

We have already bought two kcu105 boards and one JESD204b board. I am wondering if I need to buy another license for this project or I just need to apply one.

The whole log file is attached. 

Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Kcu105_daq2 project build failed

Jump to solution

Hello @yzzhsx12345 ,

Seems like you are missing a TEMAC (tri_mode_eth_mac) license file.

You'd need a valid Tri Mode Ethernet Mac license with the minimum version limit of 2015.04 or higher:

image.png

Do you have this licensing feature? Based on the screenshot you've provided, I don't see this feature listed.

That is the reason for this error.

You can obtain this license from here: https://www.xilinx.com/products/intellectual-property/temac.html

If your design is for the testing purposes and not for a production, you can obtain a full hardware evaluation license for this particular IP (just select Evaluate IP from the above link). 

FYI - A LogiCORE IP Core Full System Hardware Evaluation license enables you to run through the entire design flow, including implementation, simulation, and bitstream generation. However, the generated bitstream contains circuitry that disables the design after two to eight hours of operation at the typical clock rate for the core. The actual duration of the operational period varies on a core-by-core basis. To start the device working again, you must reload the bitstream (reset or reprogram the device).

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hello @yzzhsx12345 ,

Can you please confirm if the below is the JESD204b board that you've purchased?

https://www.xilinx.com/products/boards-and-kits/1-6oq4xx.html

Indeed, the above error is commonly reported due to the missing JESD204b lic file.

Do you have a valid JESD204b license?

You can purchase a full IP Core license from this page:

https://www.xilinx.com/products/intellectual-property/ef-di-jesd204.html

If this is for the testing purposes, you can just obtain a full Hardware Evaluation license for this IP Core and use this for now. To get this license, just click on Evaluate IP option in the link above.
With a valid license in place, you should then bypass the above error.

FYI - A LogiCORE IP Core Full System Hardware Evaluation license enables you to run through the entire design flow, including implementation, simulation, and bitstream generation. However, the generated bitstream contains circuitry that disables the design after two to eight hours of operation at the typical clock rate for the core. The actual duration of the operational period varies on a core-by-core basis. To start the device working again, you must reload the bitstream (reset or reprogram the device).

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Hi,

I got the license to my Vivado. However, it still cannot work.

It says 

[Common 17-69] Command failed: This design contains one or more cells for which bitstream generation is not permitted:
i_system_wrapper/system_i/axi_ethernet/inst/eth_mac/inst/bd_55cd_eth_mac_0_core (tri_mode_ethernet_mac_v9_0_6)

I attach my daq2_kcu105_vivado.log file below, which is the log file when I use Cygwin to run the makefile to build the project.

I also attach the screenshot shows my licenses.

Vivado_liscence.png

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Hi,

The massages showed this error.

I am running an old release of this project on Vivado 2016.4

Do I still need to buy a new license to run this project?

fail.png
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hello @yzzhsx12345 ,

Seems like you are missing a TEMAC (tri_mode_eth_mac) license file.

You'd need a valid Tri Mode Ethernet Mac license with the minimum version limit of 2015.04 or higher:

image.png

Do you have this licensing feature? Based on the screenshot you've provided, I don't see this feature listed.

That is the reason for this error.

You can obtain this license from here: https://www.xilinx.com/products/intellectual-property/temac.html

If your design is for the testing purposes and not for a production, you can obtain a full hardware evaluation license for this particular IP (just select Evaluate IP from the above link). 

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Thank you so much.

I applied both jesd204b and Tri-Mode Ethernet Mac licenses and generated Node-Locked.

Now the project is working. 

I still need help on how I can continue my project based on it and I will post another one.

I really appreciate your help!