UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

LSF and Vivado on node-lock licenses

Jump to solution

Hi, 

We have previously set up a few machines to run Vivado with node-lock licenses (also locked to different devices), and we would like to take advantage of the LSF infrastructure we currently have to accelerate Vivado as well -- what is the best way to do this? 

I assume floating licenses is more suitable for this than node-lock licenses, but is it possible to convert the node-lock licenses to a floating license instead? Is there a user guide or any document describing the procedure? 

Thanks

Jian

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: LSF and Vivado on node-lock licenses

Jump to solution

@jianli_netint

You can refer page 169 of following document on setting up runs in LSF:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2018_2/ug904-vivado-implementation.pdf

No, once purchased, Vivado node-locked licenses cannot be converted to floating licenses.

Thanks,
Nupur
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (click on the star mark).
2 Replies

Jump to solution

@jianli_netint

You can refer page 169 of following document on setting up runs in LSF:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2018_2/ug904-vivado-implementation.pdf

No, once purchased, Vivado node-locked licenses cannot be converted to floating licenses.

Thanks,
Nupur
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (click on the star mark).

Jump to solution
Thanks @nupurs for your reply… I had looked at the guide before, although it wasn't clear to me regarding what kind of license is required.

Thanks anyway, I think my question has been addressed.

Cheers
Jian
0 Kudos