Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

License Version Limit work around?

Jump to solution

Hello

I am using ISE 14.7 Embedded Edition.  I recently bought the EDK floating license in order to use microblaze, but I am getting an ERROR:Map:258 when generating the bitstream in XPS.  Googling this error leads me to understand that my IP cores are no longer supported due to its version limit.  My goal is to develope microblaze with a spartan3 or spartan6 device.  How can I get around this version limit? Or do I need to downgrade to a lower version of ISE?

Best,

H.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ERROR:Security:9c - No 'ISE' nor 'WebPack' feature version 2013.10 was available
for part 'xc3s700an'.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
No such feature exists.
Feature:       WebPack
License path:
2100@MUK-SRV-VISDSP;C:/.Xilinx;C:\Xilinx\14.7\ISE_DS\ISE\/coregen/core_licenses\
Xilinx.lic;C:\Xilinx\14.7\ISE_DS\ISE\/coregen/core_licenses\XilinxFree.lic;C:\Xi
linx\14.7\ISE_DS\EDK/data/core_licenses\Xilinx.lic;
FLEXnet Licensing error:-5,412
For further information, refer to the FLEXnet Licensing documentation,
available at "www.flexerasoftware.com".No such feature exists.
Feature:       ISE
License path:
2100@MUK-SRV-VISDSP;C:/.Xilinx;C:\Xilinx\14.7\ISE_DS\ISE\/coregen/core_licenses\
Xilinx.lic;C:\Xilinx\14.7\ISE_DS\ISE\/coregen/core_licenses\XilinxFree.lic;C:\Xi
linx\14.7\ISE_DS\EDK/data/core_licenses\Xilinx.lic;
FLEXnet Licensing error:-5,412
For further information, refer to the FLEXnet Licensing documentation,
available at "www.flexerasoftware.com".
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
ERROR:Map:258 - A problem was encountered attempting to get the license for this
   architecture.

Design Summary
--------------
Number of errors   :   1
Number of warnings :   0
ERROR:Xflow - Program map returned error code 2. Aborting flow execution...
make: *** [__xps/system_routed] Error 1
Done!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: License Version Limit work around?

Jump to solution

Is there any way to reset my product licensing account?  I noticed my account is linked to Richards, which is the person who bought the EDK license.  Could this be why my ISE Webpack license is not showing up?

license5.jpg

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

All I am trying to do is build a simple microblaze program on a Spartan3 dev board.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Professor
Professor

Jump to solution

I don't see any ISE license at all in your Xinfo, so this isn't so much a version limit issue as a missing license issue.  Your part should be OK with an ISE webpack license.  There are some earlier version limit licenses in the list but they are all for IP cores, not design software.

-- Gabor
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Gabor

Thanks for the tip.  Not sure what happened there.  I was working with ISE Webpack fine up until I installed the EDK license.

Trying to reactivate ISE webpack but the option isn't even available in my product licensing page.  This is very frustrating.  Will try to reinstall ISE and see if it helps.

Best,

H.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Professor
Professor

Jump to solution

I wouldn't suggest re-installing ISE.  The licese is separate.  Normally for a node-locked license you simply have a file like "Xilinx.lic" in the .Xilinx folder at the root of the system drive.  It's possible that something has removed or overwritten this file, or possibly that your file was not in the default location and you lost the pointer to the license when you installed EDK.  Either way, re-installing ISE won't fix the issue.

-- Gabor
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

So now how do I get my ISE webpack license back?  The product licensing page shows no ISE webpack option.

license.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hello @vohaid,

Can you check if this license is present in 'Manage License' tab on Xilinx Product Licensing site? You can then download it using 'Download' icon at bottom left corner. 

Regards,
Ashish
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Hello Ashish,

Below is my Manage Licenses tab.  No license file to download...

Best,

H.

license2.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Professor
Professor

Jump to solution

Do you have any licenses available under the "create new licenses" tab?  I can see an ISE webpack available for my account:

-- Gabor
CreateNewLicenses.PNG
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

No, I don't see ISE webpack option for mine.  I see a Vivado Design Suit: HL WebPACK, but no ISE....

The picture is posted above.

Best,

H.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Is there any way to reset my product licensing account?  I noticed my account is linked to Richards, which is the person who bought the EDK license.  Could this be why my ISE Webpack license is not showing up?

license5.jpg

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution
The problem was the purchaser of the EDK license added me as a user in his account. This somehow removes any existing license that I have. Removing my account from his fixed the issue.
Thanks everyone for helping me on this.
0 Kudos