Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leytronix
Visitor
Visitor

License error

Hello,

I am using XPS 14.7 and today it stopped working because of a license error. I am getting the following messages:

ERROR:Security:8 - A feature for XPS was found but is expired.
   WARNING:Security:9b - No 'XPS' feature version 2013.10 was available for part
   'xc6slx45'.
   ERROR:Security:12 - No 'xc6slx45' feature version 2013.10 was available (-5),
        so 'XPS_TDP' may not be used.

What to do to get this project running again?

Thanks,

Tjerk

0 Kudos
12 Replies
pulim
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Can you attach the license and xinfo file here?

0 Kudos
leytronix
Visitor
Visitor

Hi,

Herewith the requested files.

Thanks,

Tjerk

0 Kudos
pulim
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

HI,

The license you are having is ISE webpack license.

With this license you can use XPS feature for xc6slx45 device.

XPS feature is available for only three smallest zynq devices with webpack license.

You should have Embedded Edition or System Edition license to use XPS with xc6slx45 device.

See below link to for the features available with ISE webpaack license.

http://www.xilinx.com/products/design-tools/ise-design-suite.html

0 Kudos
leytronix
Visitor
Visitor

Ok thanks for your clear answer. What is the price of those editions? I can only find prices of Vivado on the website.

Thanks,

Tjerk

0 Kudos
pratham
Scholar
Scholar

Hi @leytronix.

Vivado system edition includes the ISE system edition as well. 

-Pratham

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
leytronix
Visitor
Visitor

Ok, but that is a lot of money for only a small project. My project always has worked with Webpack. I still do not understand why it has stopped working now.

I have also bought an EDK licence before.

Thanks,

Tjerk

0 Kudos
syedz

HI,

"My project always has worked with Webpack. I still do not understand why it has stopped working now."

Was it for the same device which you are using now?

The below snapshot from ISE 14.7 IRN (UG631) shows the list of devices which are supported with ISE webpack tool.

webpack.PNG

--Syed

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you check our new quick reference timing closure guide (UG1292)?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
leytronix
Visitor
Visitor

Yes, my device XC6SLX45 is also on the webpack list so I am flabbergasted that I get the license error. It is complaining that the XPS feature is expired.

ERROR:Security:8 - A feature for XPS was found but is expired.
   WARNING:Security:9b - No 'XPS' feature version 2013.10 was available for part
   'xc6slx45'.
   ERROR:Security:12 - No 'xc6slx45' feature version 2013.10 was available (-5),
        so 'XPS_TDP' may not be used.

Feature has expired.
   Feature:       XPS
   Expire date:   24-feb-2015

0 Kudos
ashishd
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hello @leytronix,

When I inspected xinfo.txt, it shows that XPS feature which you were using was with the trial version of license and which got expired on 24-feb-2015. Now the license which you are having as your active license (Xilinx.lic) is a WebPack one and it supports XPS feature only for three smallest zynq devices. You can chech this here. So XPS feature won't work with XC6SLX45 device using this license.

In order to get the price related information about Embedded Edition or System Edition license, you can contact nearest authorized distributors in your region. You can find below links helpful to locate the one.

http://www.xilinx.com/company/contact/auth-disti-table.htm

http://www.xilinx.com/company/contact/sales-offices.htm

Regards,
Ashish
0 Kudos
ashishd
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hello,

Have you checked response to your query?
Are you still doubtful about the cause of the issue? Feel free to update the thread.
Regards,
Ashish
0 Kudos
leytronix
Visitor
Visitor

Yes, I have seen it. However, buying a 5k licence is way out of my league!

0 Kudos
ashishd
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hello @leytronix,

Thanks for the updates. You can close the thread by marking helpful post as solution in the interest of other users.

Regards,
Ashish
0 Kudos