UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor sksinha
Visitor

License for 18.2 sdk only

Jump to solution

I have installed vivado 18.2 and have 60 days trial license, but I am going to use this environment for software development. Do I need to buy whole vivado license to use SDK  or we can buy license for SDK only ?  I cannot find options to purchase just SDK license. Any help/link will be very great full.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: License for 18.2 sdk only

Jump to solution

Hello @sksinha,

From Vivado 2016.1 release, no license is needed to use SDK.

If you are using an older SDK release like from 2015.x and earlier,
back then SDK wasnt license-free and it required an SDK license (which was also provided for all users for free).
With newer versions of Vivado (from Vivado 2016.x and newer), this is no longer the case. 
When installing and using SDK standalone or SDK within Vivado, the license is not used/checked for anything.

Note: We are still providing this SDK feature in all of our licenses for backward compatibility reasons.
If needed, you can obtain either an Embedded_SDK license (www.xilinx.com/getlicenses -> Xilinx MicroBlaze/All Programmable SoC Software Development Kit license) or a Vivado WebPACK licence, as they all include an SDK feature in it.
The SDK licensing feature also comes with a full purchased Vivado licence.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Scholar u4223374
Scholar

Jump to solution

I may be wrong, but I think SDK will happily work on a free WebPACK license. Some aspects of Vivado are restricted by that license (eg. can't generate a bitstream for the larger chips) but I don't think SDK has any restrictions.

Jump to solution

Hello @sksinha,

From Vivado 2016.1 release, no license is needed to use SDK.

If you are using an older SDK release like from 2015.x and earlier,
back then SDK wasnt license-free and it required an SDK license (which was also provided for all users for free).
With newer versions of Vivado (from Vivado 2016.x and newer), this is no longer the case. 
When installing and using SDK standalone or SDK within Vivado, the license is not used/checked for anything.

Note: We are still providing this SDK feature in all of our licenses for backward compatibility reasons.
If needed, you can obtain either an Embedded_SDK license (www.xilinx.com/getlicenses -> Xilinx MicroBlaze/All Programmable SoC Software Development Kit license) or a Vivado WebPACK licence, as they all include an SDK feature in it.
The SDK licensing feature also comes with a full purchased Vivado licence.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos