UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

License manager

Accepted Solution Solved
Visitor
Accepted Solution

License manager

I have down loaded and installed Vivado 2017.1 on a Windows 10 PC. I am trying to configure the license manager. I wanted to host the license on a Windows 2012 server. I already have Flexera 11.13.0.2 build 162702X 64_n6 managing another  software license. If I use this version, will it be a problem for Vivado? 

Also, I assume that I just have to get the lmgrd files etc from Xilinx, create a folder on the server and save everything there, and then start lmtools by Flexera and configure the services, right?

Please advise me if I am missing any steps.

Accepted Solutions

Re: License manager

@fairleighdickinson,

Yes, the steps are correct. You just need to use Flexlm 11.13.1.3

Thanks,
Nupur
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (click on the star mark).

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Visitor

I just found from the other software company that I should have Flexera 11.14.0.1. If I upgrade to that, will I be able to use this version of lmtools to manage Vivado licenses too?

Thanks

Reji Joseph

Hi @fairleighdickinson,

For Vivado 2017.1, we recommend FLEX 11.13.1.3 as mentioned and available floating server tools in the downloads page: https://www.xilinx.com/support/download.html

The following answer records might also help:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/66709.html

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/5332.html

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/67502.html

Regards,
Prathik
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helps to resolve your query.
Helpful answer -> Give Kudos
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@fairleighdickinson,

Yes, the steps are correct. You just need to use Flexlm 11.13.1.3

Thanks,
Nupur
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (click on the star mark).
Visitor

Thanks.

I followed the following steps.

1. Down loaded the win64 folder that has the lmtools.exe from xilinx

2. Downloaded the license for the server

3. Copied the win64 folder to Program Files

4. Double clicked the lmtools.exe

5. Gave a new name as XilinxVivadoLicenseserver for the service

6. Browsed to the lmgrd file in the win64 folder

7. Browsed to the license

8. I tried to browse for a log file but there was nothing to browse to in the win64 folder

9.Saved the service

10. Tried to startthe server. It gave me an error first saying ' MSVCR110.dll' is missing

11. When I tried the server status, it gives me the following errors.

Flexible License Manager status on Mon 5/22/2017 12:42

[Detecting lmgrd processes...]
License server status: 2100@synopsys
License file(s) on synopsys: C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\XilinxVivado2017licensefile\Xilinx.lic:

synopsys: license server UP (MASTER) v11.13.1

Vendor daemon status (on synopsys):

xilinxd: The desired vendor daemon is down.
Check the lmgrd log file, or try lmreread.
Vendor:Host: synopsys
License path: 2100@synopsys;
FlexNet Licensing error:-97,121
For further information, refer to the FlexNet Licensing documentation,
available at "www.flexerasoftware.com".

It seems I didn't do this properly. I don't copying and pasting the just the win64 folder from Xilinx to my server will work correctly.

Please advise...

Visitor

I downloaded the Visual Studio package and now it is working.