cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

License problem for ISE Webpack (Linux)

I downloaded and installed ISE Webpack for Linux from Xilinx website. It installed without problems, and I am able to use some of its functionalities.

However, every time I launch the program, it tells me there is no license and tells me that the license manager is going to start when I click "OK". But when I click OK, nothing happens.

I also tried launching the license manager by doing: Help -> Obtain a license Key      and     Help -> Manage License,   but in both cases, nothing at all happens.

When I use the program, I am able to do synthesis and perform simulations, but when it tries implementing my design (place&route, etc, ...) an error message appears telling me no license file was found.

What else can I do to get the license manager to appear/ get a license for the Webpack edition ?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: License problem for ISE Webpack (Linux)

Hi,

set the environmental variable XILINXD_LICENSE_FILE to the location of license file. for example:

setenv XILINXD_LICENSE_FILE /opt/Xilinx/Xilinx.lic

Thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

To get a license, the license manager (XLCM) will take you to www.xilinx.com\getlicense.

A webPACK entitlement is granted to anyone who is registered (registering an account is free).

Once you generate the License, follow the instructions from the previous post.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

But I do not use license file. I use web pointer to licence, from my school, for example:

abcde@someAddress.dot.com

Where do I input that?

I have the same problem: latest Xilinx ISE 14.7 almost succesfuly installs on latest Ubuntu 14.04 (with exception of USB drivers failing to install), but when I try to get license or open license manager, nothing happens. Same symptoms as described by previous user. How do I input web address pointer as a license?

0 Kudos