UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor cschottler
Visitor

Licensing Xilinx ISE 14.7 /// No such feature exists /// ERROR Map:258 /// FLEXnet licensing ERROR:-5,357

Jump to solution

I am very hesitant to post this as it seems there has already been many posts related to this topic over the years, but I am at the end of my rope. Please be patient with me.

First, some context:

Trying to work with ISE 14.7 to program a RaggedStone5 with Artix-7 on-board. Yes, I know Vivado is the development tool of choice for this FPGA, but due to the nature of the project I've inherited, upgrading at the moment is not feasible. Although there doesn't seem to be an option to select Artix-7 from the evaluation platform drop-down, the error message is the same (except for the part key) for any I select including "None specified".

eval_type.PNG

Next, the error message:

Started : "Map".
Running map...
Command Line: map -intstyle ise -p xc7k325t-ffg900-2 -w -logic_opt off -ol high -t 1 -xt 0 -register_duplication off -r 4 -mt off -ir off -pr off -lc off -power off -o led_starter_map.ncd led_starter.ngd led_starter.pcf
Using target part "7k325tffg900-2".
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
INFO:Security:56 - Part 'xc7k325t' is not a WebPack part.
INFO:Security:61 - The XILINXD_LICENSE_FILE environment variable is not set.
INFO:Security:63 - The LM_LICENSE_FILE environment variable is not set.
INFO:Security:68 - For more information or for assistance in obtaining 
 a license, please run the Xilinx License Configuration Manager
       (xlcm or "Manage Xilinx Licenses".)
INFO:Security:68a - user is < me! >, on host CHIP.
WARNING:Security:9b - No 'ISE' feature version 2013.10 was available for part
'xc7k325t'.
ERROR:Security:12 - No 'xc7k325t' feature version 2013.10 was available (-5),
     so 'WebPack' may not be used.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
No such feature exists.
Feature:       ISE
License path: 
H:/.Xilinx\Xilinx.lic;H:/.Xilinx\Xilinx.lic;C:\Xilinx\14.7\ISE_DS\ISE\/
data\Xilinx.lic;C:\Xilinx\14.7\ISE_DS\ISE\/coregen/core_licenses\Xilinx.lic;C:\X
ilinx\14.7\ISE_DS\EDK/data/core_licenses\Xilinx.lic;
FLEXnet Licensing error:-5,357
For further information, refer to the FLEXnet Licensing documentation,
available at "www.flexerasoftware.com".No such feature exists.
Feature:       xc7k325t
License path: 
H:/.Xilinx\Xilinx.lic;H:/.Xilinx\Xilinx.lic;C:\Xilinx\14.7\ISE_DS\ISE\/
data\Xilinx.lic;C:\Xilinx\14.7\ISE_DS\ISE\/coregen/core_licenses\Xilinx.lic;C:\X
ilinx\14.7\ISE_DS\EDK/data/core_licenses\Xilinx.lic;
FLEXnet Licensing error:-5,357
For further information, refer to the FLEXnet Licensing documentation,
available at "www.flexerasoftware.com".
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
ERROR:Map:258 - A problem was encountered attempting to get the license for this
   architecture. 

Design Summary
--------------
Number of errors   :   1
Number of warnings :   0

Process "Map" failed

What I've tried:

I've tried using the "Manage Xilinx Licenses" application to create a new "WebPACK" license, but I am not familiar enough with this software to detect what's actually tripping me up.

first_half.PNGsecond_half.PNG

Attached you will of course find Xilinx.lic.

Wrapping up

Any specific help on this issue would be appreciated, I'm itching to get this out of the way so I can start coding.

Thank you for your time

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Mentor jmcclusk
Mentor

Re: Licensing Xilinx ISE 14.7 /// No such feature exists /// ERROR Map:258 /// FLEXnet licensing ERROR:-5,357

Jump to solution

you need to create a New ISE project, and specify the project settings as follows:

artix.png

If for some reason, you can't move away from the KC705, you may have a device locked license just for that board, and not a webpack license.   If so, then look in .Xilinx\Xilinx.lic and remove that file before replacing with a new webpack license.   But this doesn't seem likely, given the screenshot above.

Don't forget to close a thread when possible by accepting a post as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Mentor jmcclusk
Mentor

Re: Licensing Xilinx ISE 14.7 /// No such feature exists /// ERROR Map:258 /// FLEXnet licensing ERROR:-5,357

Jump to solution

you need to create a New ISE project, and specify the project settings as follows:

artix.png

If for some reason, you can't move away from the KC705, you may have a device locked license just for that board, and not a webpack license.   If so, then look in .Xilinx\Xilinx.lic and remove that file before replacing with a new webpack license.   But this doesn't seem likely, given the screenshot above.

View solution in original post

Visitor cschottler
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thank you for your response, I literally did this right before seeing your post and you're exactly right. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Mentor jmcclusk
Mentor

Jump to solution

then close the thread by accepting my post as a solution..   Good luck with your RaggedStone5!

0 Kudos