Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SandeepS
Visitor
Visitor

Licensing issue with vivado - Student

Jump to solution

I am using Vivado for quiet some time and my 30 day free trail is finished and now I am not able to synthesis , implement and generate bit stream. I tried to go online and generate a license, I have generated a license file with all the products available and still I am not able to get those features and now it is not showing anything on my product list.

I am a student and is it possible to get a student license and if it is possible how can I get one. Please let me know if it is not the right place to ask and point me in the right direction.

Thank you for all or any help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bruce_karaffa
Scholar
Scholar
6 Replies
maps-mpls
Mentor
Mentor

What part or devCard are you targeting, and what version of Vivado are you trying to use?

*** Destination: Rapid design and development cycles ***
0 Kudos
romisaas
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @SandeepS,

You can download the latest version of Vivado 2020.2 from this link https://www.xilinx.com/support/download.html 
Please let us know if you experience any problems. 

Thanks,

Romisaa

0 Kudos
SandeepS
Visitor
Visitor

I am using Vivado 2019.2 and the hardware is Digilent Nexys A7 Artix 7 Fpga board.

0 Kudos
SandeepS
Visitor
Visitor

I have 2019.2 version already in my machine I think I am lacking valid license. I am not sure if downloading a new version will solve it.

0 Kudos
bruce_karaffa
Scholar
Scholar
anatoli

Hello @SandeepS ,

As correctly indicated by @bruce_karaffa , some of the Artix-7 FPGAs, such as below, are WebPACK supported devices. So, targeting one of these devices in your design, will not require you to have a valid license in place. No even need to physically log in to Xilinx and generate a Vivado WebPACK license, as the latest Vivado tools (i.e. from Vivado 2016.1 and newer) aren't going to check for a license, again only when you are targeting one of the Artix-7 WebPACK parts in your Vitis/Vivado design.

Artix-7 FPGA

• XC7A12T, XC7A15T, XC7A25T, XC7A35T, 
  • XC7A50T, XC7A75T, XC7A100T, XC7A200T

For any other larger FPGAs, you'd need a purchased Vivado license.

Hope this helps to clarify regarding your query.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

If starting with Versal, take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our
Versal Blogs

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos