Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mredies
Visitor
Visitor

Licensing problems with Basys2

Hello,

I'm trying to test out my Basys2 with the free Webpack ISE. After installing I downloaded a license online and opened it with the license manager, but I get this error when I try to compile:

ERROR:Map:258 - A problem was encountered attempting to get the license for this
   architecture. 

Design Summary
--------------
Number of errors   :   1
Number of warnings :   0

Process "Map" failed

I have no idea what is going on and I can't seem to get a foot on the ground.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
vemulad
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Can you attach your license file and xinfo here?

In order to generate xinfo, please follow the steps below:

• Run Xinfo.exe from start menu start->Xilinx ISE design suite->Accessories->xinfo system checker. It takes some time to generate Xinfo file.
• Check the common folder in Xilinx ISE_DS folder for Xinfo file.

Thanks,
Deepika.
Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
mredies
Visitor
Visitor

Ok I added the files. I should also mention that I used a schematic to test my board.

0 Kudos
vemulad
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

The license which you attached is Vivado webpack license. 

This does not support ISE tool.

In order to use ISE tool you need to generate ISE webpack license.

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
nrjacobs2025
Visitor
Visitor

Kinda the sae thing, I just got my basys 2 and I already downloaded vivado 14.4 and I got the same error:[Common 17-345] A valid license was not found for feature 'Synthesis' and/or device 'xc7z010'. Please run the Vivado License Manager for assistance in determining which features and devices are licensed for your system.

I have no idea on how to use the license manger. I attached a lic file.Do I even need vivado, I"m running windows 8 64 bit, should I download 14.7 ISE?

0 Kudos
dwisehart
Scholar
Scholar

Start a new thread.

0 Kudos