UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer matttay
Observer

Licensing screwed up and getting worse...

I've used an ISE 14.7 webpack license for years without an issue for Spartan6 development. Had hiccups after moving to Win10, but I had no choice in the matter and had to move to Win10 and fixed ISE via the various comments in the forums. 

Recently I needed to run the core inserter. It failed due to a crash in ntdll.dll. I figured this might be due to Win10 and I didn't have time to sort out, so I created a VM and installed ISE 14.7. The inserter ran this time. But then there was a licensing issue. So I requested to generated a Webpack license, was taken to the Xilinx web page, and nothing seemed related to an ISE webpack. The last license I activated was a Xilinx Microblaze SDK as it showed "activation - no charge"

I got the XML, the license config manager ate the XML, put it into trusted storage and seemed happy.

I have two problems now:

1) The "host matches ID" indicates "No" for the embedded SDK. 

2) I cannot do anything from the webpage any longer. Things are greyed out and it says "an activation license has already been generated using this unique ID...this can be from the previous xml not being processed into local storage...."

3) I still don't have Chipscope working.

Over the years, I've accumulated a lot of webpack licenses. I'm inclined to go the "manage license" tab on the web page and delete them all and start over. But I'm afraid that might make things worse. 

Any thoughts on where to go next? All I really want is Webpack with Chipscope. And I understand chipscope is part of 14.7 now (no longer needed an additional purchase). 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Observer matttay
Observer

Re: Licensing screwed up and getting worse...

Update: I have deleted the last acquired license via the "Manage License" tab and now the license options on the "Create New License" tab are no longer grayed out. 

But when I click the "Get free Vivado/ISE Webpack License" I am taken to a web page where the only options under Cert-based Licenses are

1) SDSoC Environment, 60 days eval

2) Vivado Design Suite (No ISE)

3) PetaLinux Tools License

4) Vivado HLS Eval License

Where is the Webpack license option? Why isn't it showing up?

0 Kudos

Hello @matttay,

Please note that you should only concentrate on the Certificate Based licenses section, as the activation base licensing isn't a default licensing methodology anymore, since April 2016, and if you'd purchase a new license, this would appear under the Certificate Based licensing section.

Activation based licensing section would be removed in the near future.

Anyhow, in relation to your missing webpack license, if the license is not in the Create New Licenses section, that means that you have already generated this license. All of the generated licenses are located under the Manage Licenses tab. Please navigate to this tab, find the license and click on a Delete icon in the lower left corner. This would then get moved back to Create New Licenses tab, where you can then select this and generate again for your ISE 14.7.

If you have any questions on the above, please let me know.

Regards,

Anatoli

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer matttay
Observer

Hi @anatoli, thanks for your help.

When I delete, I have to "sign" an affidavit and then I'm told I only have X of 3 remaining. I've used up 2, and the problem still persists. 

I have one license in the "manage license" section that cannot be deleted. It's the "Xilinx Microblaze/All Programmable SOC SDK". That was acquired on 5-July while I was trying to figure this out. Prior to this was a webpack license on 25-Jun while I was trying to get ISE running on VM since Win10 development isn't really an option.

Currently, the cert-based license lists include SDOC Environmetn, Vivado design suite 30-day eval, Vivado Design Suite HL webpack, PetaLinux tools, Vivado HLS. No ISE.

Questions:

1) Should I just keep deleting the webpacks all the way back to 2011? Who will reset my affidavit counter? Why is there an affidavit counter for webpack?

2) How do I delete the Microblaze SDK that doesn't have a delete icon?

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hello @matttay,

All you need is an ISE_WebPACK license that also includes ChipScope, and you can use this license with ChipScope if needed.

For ISE 14.7, you'd need to delete this one (i.e. ISE WebPACK, see below) and then re-generate this again and it would be then updated to the latest 14.7 ISE WebPACK version, including SDK, ChipScope etc. features, as can be seen below.

1) Should I just keep deleting the webpacks all the way back to 2011? Who will reset my affidavit counter? Why is there an affidavit counter for webpack?

[Anatoli]: There should only be one ISE WebPACK license, which is for 14.7, and this is backwards compatible, so will work for earlier versions of ISE WebPACK.

Once you've reached max allocated regeneration limit of 5, you'd then need to create a new Service Request (SR) for Xilinx Customer Services team via the Xilinx Service Portal (https://www.xilinx.com/support.html#serviceportal). Under the LICENSING section, you'd be able to create a new electronic fulfillment SR for customer support and they will be able to re-allocate this back to 5 (max) counters for you.

No matter what license you are trying to re-generate (including WebPACK license), this will take one of the allocated counters. 

2) How do I delete the Microblaze SDK that doesn't have a delete icon?

[Anatoli]: Please note that you can ignore this altogether, as this is an Activation Based license and no longer needed.

All this license includes is an SDK feature, which is available for you in the ISE WebPACK license that you have.

If you have any questions on the above, please let me know.

Kind Regards,

Anatoli

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
ISE_WebPACK.JPG
ISE_WebPACK_2.JPG
0 Kudos
Observer matttay
Observer

Thanks for the response @anatoli

I generally get the boot when trying to file a service request. I get to the part where is says "Please fill out this form so you can get the proper level of support" and then Xilinx determines the proper level of support is the forum. I have re-applied and will report what happens. But my guess is I will get the usual response back. If that happens, then who can help?

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hello @matttay,

Please note that not everyone has access to directly open Service Requests using the Xilinx online Service Portal. If you are not entitled to open SRs, your first point of contact would be your local Authorized Distributor, with any technical questions you may have. If they can’t resolve your problem, they’ll be able to open a new Service Request (SR) on your behalf.

However, if you are from the University, if you have any technical issues, then your first point of contact is Xilinx University Program. If that is the case, please contact them directly and they will be able to help you with your issue. They can also open a new Service Request (SR) on your behalf, if needed.Their email is xup@xilinx.com.

If you have any questions for me, please let me know.

Kind Regards,

Anatoli

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
0 Kudos