UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor grambo
Visitor

Linux compatability in BSD? 13.1 installer knows too much....

I actually started my non-windows life with FreeBSD, switched to Ubuntu and now I'm back to PCBSD...  The 13.1 installer is able to detect the OS and reports:

Un-supported platform: FreeBSD

when I run the xsetup on my machine.  Any chance there's a way to either force the instller to try installing anyways, or a way for force the environment to look differently to the installer so it thinks it's on a linux box?  I'm installing via Wine at the moment, but I'm not sure that's the best option.

Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Visitor cederom
Visitor

Re: Linux compatability in BSD? 13.1 installer knows too much....

Sure it can be done, the top-level xsetup is only a wrapper script (trying to run nonexistend binary by the way), so you only need to run bin/lin/xsetup inetead. I have managed to install and run Xilinx ISE 13.1 on my FreeBSD 8.2 STABLE, take a look at:

http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?t=17776&highlight=xilinx

There is no support for cable drivers unfortunately :-( 

0 Kudos
Visitor cederom
Visitor

Re: Linux compatability in BSD? 13.1 installer knows too much....

It would be nice however to support FreeBSD rather than Linux as Linux API changes so fast that I could not even install/build cable drivers on fresh Linux installation. FreeBSD is very stable and comprahenvie system in this matter with very stable configuration structure and API, also it is BSD based license makes it perfect candidate for Corporate use!

0 Kudos