Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Locked IP Core After Buying Node-Locked License

Jump to solution

I recently purchased a node-locked Vivado license, upgrading from a prior evaluation license.  After installing the new license, I am unable to synthesize the projects which I was previously able (simulation works fine).  For example, I am unable to build the ten_gig_eth_pcs_pma IP core (10GBASE-R).  Vivado gives the following error message:

* IP 'ten_gig_eth_pcs_pma' requires one or more mandatory licenses but no valid licenses were found. However license checkpoints may prevent use of this IP in some tool flows.

10GBASE-R should be included with Vivado, so I am unsure why this error has cropped up.  I have also requested and installed the free license from here, but have had no additional success.  Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Re: Locked IP Core After Buying Node-Locked License

Jump to solution

This ended up being an incompatibility in versioning with the IP catalog.  I am unsure why the error message was cryptic, but updating the IP to the latest revision has fixed this issue.

Thank you @ashishd for the help.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hello @kempkeng,

Can you try resetting and regenerating output products for IP and check if you still observe the issue?

Regards,
Ashish
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Jump to solution

Resetting gives a similar error message:

CRITICAL WARNING: [filemgmt 20-1366] Unable to reset target(s) for the following file is locked: <...>/xc7k410tffg900-2/ten_gig_eth_pcs_pma/ten_gig_eth_pcs_pma.xci

Locked reason:

* IP 'ten_gig_eth_pcs_pma' requires one or more mandatory licenses but no valid licenses were found. However license checkpoints may prevent use of this IP in some tool flows.

Please select 'Report IP Status' from the 'Tools/Report' menu or run Tcl command 'report_ip_status' for more information.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hello @kempkeng,

Can you share the output of below command -

report_environment -file <directory_name>/xinfo.txt

Regards,
Ashish
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Jump to solution

xinfo.txt is attached.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Jump to solution

This ended up being an incompatibility in versioning with the IP catalog.  I am unsure why the error message was cryptic, but updating the IP to the latest revision has fixed this issue.

Thank you @ashishd for the help.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos