cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chrisnorrie2
Visitor
Visitor

Migrate node-locked license to different machine

I need to migrate node-locked license from a machine that no longer exists.  I search showed Xilinx support gave a link to a form for someone with a similar issue but that link doesn't work anymore.  Can you please tell me how to proceed because I don't think I can do this without help from Xilnx.

Thanks,
Chris Norrie

0 Kudos
3 Replies
vijayak
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @chrisnorrie2

Open a service request @ https://www.xilinx.com/support/service-portal.html

Thanks,Vijay
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
nupurs

@chrisnorrie2,

If it is a certificate based license(has .lic extension) follow steps mentioned in this AR:
http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/36136.html

If it is activation based license(.xml extension) then file a service request.

Thanks,
Nupur
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (click on the 'thumbs-up' button).
0 Kudos
chrisnorrie2
Visitor
Visitor

I've tried to open a service request but can't.  All I get is a spinning icon after I log in and it does not move on from there.  I've tried multiple browsers on multiple computers and even created a new userid - all with the same result.

I absolutely need xilinx help because I've been through this problem before - needing to migrate a license and having to deal with the problem of the company being acquired between then and now.  (I can't update my email address and the new company has retired the old company's email server.)

I don't know how to get past this problem!

Chris

chris.norrie@microsemi.com

0 Kudos