UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor korporal
Visitor

Minimum PS requirements for WebPack?

I tried to install ISE Design Suite 14.6 yesterday but it failed to install and following advice I found scattered around here the steps to fix this also failed to resolve the issue.

The problem was frustrating confusion about the C++ run-time - nothing I tried seemed to work and uninstalling later versions of the run-time is not acceptable because other tools/systems require them.

My system is a big desktop (Windows 10 Pro, i7-3960X, 64GB RAM etc) and I do a great deal of .Net and Win32 development on here, I have BVS 2017, 2015 and 2013 installed.

So - is there a specification of what the ideal setup is for leveraging ISE Design Suite?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Visitor korporal
Visitor

Re: Minimum PS requirements for WebPack?

Title should have been "Minimum PC requirements for WebPack?" but I see no way to edit a post.

0 Kudos

Hi @korporal,

What exact error message are you seeing and at which phase?

Regards,

Prathik

0 Kudos

@korporal

ISE 14.6 is not supported on Windows 10.

However, see if this AR helps in instaling ISE 14.6 on Windows 10:
https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/62380.html

Thanks,
Nupur
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (click on the 'thumbs-up' button).
0 Kudos
Visitor korporal
Visitor

Hi and thanks for your replies.

I'm now wondering if ISE is even what I need, after chatting with Austin (a moderator) on this other thread. I'm going to close this thread for now because it looks like ISE is even relevant if I get myself a Basys 3.

Thanks

0 Kudos

@korporal,

Great to know that your issue is resolved. Please close this thread by marking your post as "Accept as Solution".

Thanks,
Nupur
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (click on the 'thumbs-up' button).
0 Kudos