UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer arasch
Observer

Moving zc706 license from Windows 10 to Linux

Jump to solution

Hi

I have a ZC706 Evaluation Board and set it first up on a Windows 10 laptop (Vivado 2018.2) and generated there a node based license using the Voucher code. But I had to find out that the Laptop does not have enough resources.

So I installed Vivado 2018.2 (System Edition) on a bigger Linux machine and just copied the license file to the Linux machine. It seemed to accept that, but unfortunately trying to get a bitsream it fails at the synthesis with the message "A valid license was not found for feature 'Synthesis' and/or device 'xc7z045'. ...." (please see below screenshot).

Thanks for any hints how to fix this.

Screenshot from 2018-08-03 06-13-40.png
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Moving zc706 license from Windows 10 to Linux

Jump to solution

Hi @arasch,

>>I noted that the Host Name in the Manage Licenses tab is still Arasch-PC, however the Linux machine I am using now does not have my name...Do I need to change that - how?

While rehosting you need to set the correct host ID for the new license which should match with your linux machine.  You will get  the options to choose/write your host id on Xilinx licensing webpage.

And to check correct host id of your machine - you can check it in Help -> Manage Licenses -> View Host info.

>>Does the License server have to be resetted to accept the changed license?

Only if you are adding a new floating license.

Regards,

hemangd

Regards,
hemangd

Don't forget to give kudos and mark it as accepted solution if your issue gets resolved.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Hi @arasch,

Node licenses must be re-generated with the new host ID if you are moving it to a new machine. Copying the license to a new machine without updating the host ID may still show up in the license manager but the tools will not be able to recognize it. Below are the steps on how to re-host a license to a new machine.

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/36136.html

Thank you,

Devin

0 Kudos
Observer arasch
Observer

Jump to solution

Hi @devinl

Thank you for your reply.

I followed the instructions in your link, but was not yet successful (same result).

I deleted the old old licenses on the Manage Licenses tab on the Xilinx license website ("Product Licensing"). Then I generated a new Node based license from the Linux machine. Using the License Manager in Vivado I loaded the new Xilinx.lic file that was email to me into Vivado.

I noted that the Host Name in the Manage Licenses tab is still Arasch-PC, however the Linux machine I am using now does not have my name...

Do I need to change that - how?

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
Observer arasch
Observer

Jump to solution

Hi @devinl

I was so far using in Vivado License Manager the option "Get My Full or Purchased Certificate-Based License" as shown in attached screen shot.

Now I tried the option "Start Now! 30 Day Trial (No Bitstream...)". With this Run Synthesis and Run Implementation are working but obviously Generate Bitstream is not working.

I tried to go back and went in Vivado License Manager to Load License and loaded the last Xilinx.lic file. But I can still do Run Synthesis and Run Implementation, but Genarate Bitstream not working. I also tried restarting Vivado.

Does the License server have to be resetted to accept the changed license?

Thanks

Screenshot from 2018-08-03 09-56-35.png
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @arasch,

>>I noted that the Host Name in the Manage Licenses tab is still Arasch-PC, however the Linux machine I am using now does not have my name...Do I need to change that - how?

While rehosting you need to set the correct host ID for the new license which should match with your linux machine.  You will get  the options to choose/write your host id on Xilinx licensing webpage.

And to check correct host id of your machine - you can check it in Help -> Manage Licenses -> View Host info.

>>Does the License server have to be resetted to accept the changed license?

Only if you are adding a new floating license.

Regards,

hemangd

Regards,
hemangd

Don't forget to give kudos and mark it as accepted solution if your issue gets resolved.

View solution in original post

Observer arasch
Observer

Jump to solution

Hi @hemangd

Thank you so much, finally it worked.

I was before trying to add the new Host ID at the Xilinx Licensing website ("Create New Licenses"), but was not sure what the "ID Value" is supposed to be. Looking at the "View Host Information" option in Vivado Help -> Manage Licenses I took the first number shown for "Network interface Card (NIC) ID:" and that worked. So I could add the new host on the License Website.

With this Vivado can do Synthesis, Implementation and Bitstream generation.

0 Kudos