UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor alear
Visitor

Need help: Installation of EDK SP3 failing at 98%

Jump to solution

I have successfully updated ISE to 10.1.03 but the installer for EDK 10.1.03 (SP3) is giving me an error at 98%.  I actually installed once and was given the same error before 98% and then tried again to get up to 98%.  The error is:

"A download error has occurred:

A severe error was detected in the archive.

Do you want to retry the download, or cancel?"

I've attempted to download the file again with the same result. I was running 10.1 with no service packs before the attempted update.

Looking for any help to resolve the install problem.

Thanks,

Alex

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Visitor alear
Visitor

Re: Need help: Installation of EDK SP3 failing at 98%

Jump to solution

OK, I was able to fix the problem on my own.  I may not have mentioned it in my original post but I had tried the built-in update (which failed) causing me to download direct.  The direct download install worked for ISE 10.1 SP3 but not EDK 10.1 SP3.  I re-downloaded the EDK service pack multiple times because the installer mentioned an error in the archive at 98%.  I finally tried the update utility built into EDK again and it worked.  So the direct download failed and the built in download/update worked for EDK SP3.  One last detail, when I used the built-in update utility there was updates for a few other xilinx applications.  I deselected all but the EDK service pack.

This was my solution and I hope this helps the next person that finds this problem.

Message Edited by alear on 06-05-2009 01:16 PM

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

I would recommend using the single file download option for the service packs instead of WebUpdate utility:

http://www.xilinx.com/support/download/index.htm

This will allow you to decouple the download and installation and also have the benefit of letting you easily archive the update in case you need it again later or on another computer.

It also tends to be a much quicker overall process from the feedback I've seen.

bt

0 Kudos
Visitor alear
Visitor

Jump to solution

OK, I was able to fix the problem on my own.  I may not have mentioned it in my original post but I had tried the built-in update (which failed) causing me to download direct.  The direct download install worked for ISE 10.1 SP3 but not EDK 10.1 SP3.  I re-downloaded the EDK service pack multiple times because the installer mentioned an error in the archive at 98%.  I finally tried the update utility built into EDK again and it worked.  So the direct download failed and the built in download/update worked for EDK SP3.  One last detail, when I used the built-in update utility there was updates for a few other xilinx applications.  I deselected all but the EDK service pack.

This was my solution and I hope this helps the next person that finds this problem.

Message Edited by alear on 06-05-2009 01:16 PM

View solution in original post

0 Kudos