UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer alionneemah
Observer

No HLS Installation in 2017.3?

Jump to solution

After installing Vivado System Edition 2017.3, I noticed that the installation folder for Vivado HLS 2017.3 was missing along with the Start Menu shortcuts for any 2017.3 tools (Vivado, Vivado HLS, etc.).  When I went back into the installation wizard, I noticed Vivado HLS was missing from the list (see attachment).

I've tried using the Web Installer and downloading the full Install file, but I get the same results either way.  I checked the MD5 checksum to make sure it was correct for both.

A colleague saw the same thing on his machine/wizard.  He's using Windows 7.  I'm using Windows 10 (1607 - NOT Fall Creator update).

I appreciate any help to figure out what's going on.

-N

Tags (3)
HLS_Missing_In_Installer_2017_3_vs_2017_2.PNG
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scholar u4223374
Scholar

Re: No HLS Installation in 2017.3?

Jump to solution

@alionneemah Vivado HLS has moved inside the Vivado folder. The shortcut on my computer links to:

C:\Xilinx\Vivado\2017.3\bin\vivado_hls.bat
6 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
I can see its not showing in the list however please go ahead and do installation. You can find correct HLS installation in the Xilinx installed tools .

Refer this guide as well
https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2017_3/ug973-vivado-release-notes-install-license.pdf
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Scholar u4223374
Scholar

Jump to solution

I think there are two separate problems here.

Problem 1: HLS not showing up in the installer. I suspect that this is just because HLS is now installed automatically. It's required for some of the Xilinx IP (eg. the Video Test Pattern Generator is HLS-powered) and so Xilinx probably decided that there was no point leaving it out now. My 2017.3 installer also does not show HLS as an option, but I have HLS 2017.3 installed.

Problem 2: Vivado 2017.3 not appearing in the Start Menu. I've had this a few times, and it's inevitably because I've forgotten to tell it to make shortcuts for all users during installation (I think it just makes one for the admin account if you don't tick this).

Observer alionneemah
Observer

Jump to solution

That's correct, but there's a third problem that is the real reason I submitted this post.  I can work around Problem 1 & 2 (and did make sure the check box was checked to place the shortcuts).  

Problem 3:  Vivado HLS isn't installed at all.  (see screenshot of Vivado and Vivado_HLS folders below that shows no 2017.3 folder in the Vivado_HLS area.)

I scanned the Release Notes & Installation Guide, but nothing seemed to address Problem 3.  I've installed Xilinx Tools countless times without any problems. 

I'll try moving the installation files to a short path and opening a command prompt as Administrator to run xsetup to be sure I'm not running into either of those problems.  

-N

Vivado_Install_No_HLS_2017_3.PNG
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

I can see it correctly 

Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
tt.png
0 Kudos
Scholar u4223374
Scholar

Jump to solution

@alionneemah Vivado HLS has moved inside the Vivado folder. The shortcut on my computer links to:

C:\Xilinx\Vivado\2017.3\bin\vivado_hls.bat
Observer alionneemah
Observer

Jump to solution
Thank you! That was what I needed.
0 Kudos