UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer uncle_tim
Observer

No license for xc7s25

I have installed Vivado 2018 WebPack on Windows 10.

I can synthesize for xc7s50, but not xc7s25.

"A valid license was not found for 'Synthesis' and / or 'xc7s25'"

Then I tried to regenerate my WebPack license. I can only choose "ISE Webpack" and "Webpack 2015 and earlier".

What is wrong?

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Re: No license for xc7s25

@uncle_tim

Since Vivado 2016.1, Vivado WebPACK doesn't need a license. Your issue seems strange since both the devices should be supported with WebPACK.

Can you share the xinstall.log present in the C:/Xilinx/.xinstall folder?

Thanks,
Nupur
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (click on the 'thumbs-up' button).
0 Kudos
Observer uncle_tim
Observer

Thanks for you anser.

This is the xinstall.log of 2018.1

BTW I had exactly the same issue with 2017.4.

Uncle Tim

0 Kudos

Hello @uncle_tim,

See @samuelcotard 's workaround provided in the below forum topic:

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Installation-and-Licensing/Vivado-2017-4-with-XC7S25/m-p/820212#M20394

Try updating your Vivado WebPACK edition to Vivado Design Edition perhaps, and then try again, and this should fix this licensing issue for you then.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
Observer uncle_tim
Observer

Surprisingly the installation of design edition worked! I was not sure if it was really the new version or the different directory. The installer told me that 2018.1 already is installed and I had to choose a different directory. So I chose "c:\Xilinx2".

Then, just for fun I installed WebPack again on a different directory "c:\Xilinx3"  -> It worked.

Therefore, from my point of view, the answer is "install in a new directory"

0 Kudos

Hello @uncle_tim,

When re-installing Vivado for the second time, indeed, sometimes the Program Group Entries don't get fully removed and after try re-installing Vivado once again, you'd then ses a message indicating that 2018.1 directory is already is installed and you'd then need to specify a new directory.

However, installing a Vivado design edition, I expected this to work, as it contains all of the devices, including Vivado WebPACK ones.

However, re-installing Vivado WebPACK edition which solved your original issue - to me, this would indicated that there was a potential corrupt installation of your previous Vivado WebPACK installation?

Anyhow, I'm glad that you've now managed to overcome this issue and is good to go now.

As your issue is solved, please mark an appropriate response as Accepted Solution (more info on this can be found here: https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/solutions#solutions), so  the topic can be completed then. We appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance and have a great day.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos