cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andreac_avnet
Explorer
Explorer

Node-Locked License works in United Arab Emirates ?

Jump to solution

Hello,
I have to use a node-locked solution, I'm based in Italy but my colleague works from Dubai.
I have 2 questions:

1. Can we activate (register the licenses) from the United Arab Emirates or can we do it only from Italy?

2. Is there an alternative to register the licenses by having the MAC of the PC on which the node-locked license is to be installed?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Best regards,
Andrea

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
anatoli

Hello @andreac_avnet ,

Indeed, the guys in UAE won't be able to log into Xilinx Licensing Page and to download the licenses directly from Xilinx.

If this is the same company, where the head office is in Italy but some of the colleagues are in EAU, you may need to contact Xilinx Global Trace Compliance (GTC) team and get a special form to be signed, and then return this to Xilinx GTC. They can then review this form and make the decision on either approve their access or deny. Again, this is Xilinx Global Trace Compliance policy, so you'd need to follow this procedure.

To reach the Xilinx GTC team, since you are an Avnet Distributor for Xilinx, you can contact Xilinx Sales Rep in your area and they can then in turn contact Xilinx Global Trace Compliance (GTC) for approval.

For your other question, please note that a Node-Locked License can only be locked to a Network Interface Card ID (or Ethernet MAC address), C: drive serial number (i.e. Disk Serial number), or FLEXID dongle ID.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

If starting with Versal, take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our
Versal Blogs

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ansarimo
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hello @andreac_avnet ,

As per the AR#44043 UAE comes under E or D region as can been seen in the below snapshot.

AR#44043: https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/44043.html

https://www.bis.doc.gov/index.php/documents/regulation-docs/2255-supplement-no-1-to-part-740-country-groups-1/file

\Capture.JPG

This means your customer won't be able to download Xilinx tools in some E or D regions and will face the export compliance issue as mentioned in the AR.

In this case, Xilinx doesn’t recommend you to obtain Xilinx Software in Italy and then provide this to the user in these restricted areas, as you’d go against Xilinx Export Compliance rules and regulations.

For the download/export compliance issue in some E or D region, please contact Xilinx Authorized Distributor to assist you with this issue. And they in turn can then work with Xilinx Global Compliance Team and see what can be done in this situation.

Hope this answers your query.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Ansari Hunen

anatoli

Hello @andreac_avnet ,

Indeed, the guys in UAE won't be able to log into Xilinx Licensing Page and to download the licenses directly from Xilinx.

If this is the same company, where the head office is in Italy but some of the colleagues are in EAU, you may need to contact Xilinx Global Trace Compliance (GTC) team and get a special form to be signed, and then return this to Xilinx GTC. They can then review this form and make the decision on either approve their access or deny. Again, this is Xilinx Global Trace Compliance policy, so you'd need to follow this procedure.

To reach the Xilinx GTC team, since you are an Avnet Distributor for Xilinx, you can contact Xilinx Sales Rep in your area and they can then in turn contact Xilinx Global Trace Compliance (GTC) for approval.

For your other question, please note that a Node-Locked License can only be locked to a Network Interface Card ID (or Ethernet MAC address), C: drive serial number (i.e. Disk Serial number), or FLEXID dongle ID.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

If starting with Versal, take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our
Versal Blogs

View solution in original post