cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Petalinux 2017.2 on Red Hat Linux 6.9 installation fails after following the UG1144 (v2017.2) Reference Guide

Jump to solution

I have added develtoolset-2, python27 etc... to support a Red Hat 6 install of Petalinux 2017.2

I have opened up all the protections etc... but I get a failure on the tar during the install.. (yes using tar 1.24)

I am at a lose here.. Does it or does it not install Petalinux 2017.2 on Red Hat with the suggested packages mentioned in the

Reference Guide UG1144 (v2017.2) June 29, 2017?

Here is the sequence....

INFO: Checking installer checksum...
INFO: Extracting PetaLinux installer...
INFO: Installing PetaLinux...
INFO: Checking PetaLinux installer integrity...
INFO: Extracting Installation files...

LICENSE AGREEMENTS

PetaLinux SDK contains software from a number of sources. Please review
the following licenses and indicate your acceptance of each to continue.

You do not have to accept the licenses, however if you do not then you may
not use PetaLinux SDK.

Use PgUp/PgDn to navigate the license viewer, and press 'q' to close

Press Enter to display the license agreements
Do you accept Xilinx End User License Agreement? [y/N] > y
Do you accept Webtalk Terms and Conditions? [y/N] > y
Do you accept Third Party End User License Agreement? [y/N] > y
INFO: Checking installation environment requirements...
INFO: Checking free disk space
INFO: Checking installed tools
INFO: Checking installed development libraries
INFO: Checking network and other services
WARNING: No tftp server found - please refer to "PetaLinux SDK Installation Guide" for its impact and solution
INFO: Installing PetaLinux SDK to "petalinux/."
tar: ./components/yocto/downloads/microblazeel: Cannot utime: No such file or directory
tar: ./components/yocto/downloads/microblazeel: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
tar: ./tools/linux-i386/aarch64-none-elf/aarch64-none-elf/libc/usr/include/rpc: Cannot utime: No such file or directory
tar: ./tools/linux-i386/aarch64-none-elf/aarch64-none-elf/libc/usr/include/rpc: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
tar: ./tools/linux-i386/aarch64-none-elf/aarch64-none-elf/libc/usr/include/bits: Cannot utime: No such file or directory
tar: ./tools/linux-i386/aarch64-none-elf/aarch64-none-elf/libc/usr/include/bits: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
tar: ./tools/linux-i386/microblaze-xilinx-elf/microblaze-xilinx-elf/sysroot/usr/lib: Cannot utime: No such file or directory
tar: ./tools/linux-i386/microblaze-xilinx-elf/microblaze-xilinx-elf/sysroot/usr/lib: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
tar: ./tools/linux-i386/microblaze-xilinx-elf/microblaze-xilinx-elf/include/rpc: Cannot utime: No such file or directory
tar: ./tools/linux-i386/microblaze-xilinx-elf/microblaze-xilinx-elf/include/rpc: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
tar: ./tools/linux-i386/microblaze-xilinx-elf/microblaze-xilinx-elf/include/bits: Cannot utime: No such file or directory
tar: ./tools/linux-i386/microblaze-xilinx-elf/microblaze-xilinx-elf/include/bits: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
tar: ./tools/linux-i386/microblaze-xilinx-elf/share: Cannot utime: No such file or directory
tar: ./tools/linux-i386/microblaze-xilinx-elf/share: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
tar: ./tools/linux-i386/microblazeel-xilinx-linux-gnu/microblazeel-xilinx-linux-gnu/sys-root/usr/include/uapi: Cannot utime: No such file or directory
tar: ./tools/linux-i386/microblazeel-xilinx-linux-gnu/microblazeel-xilinx-linux-gnu/sys-root/usr/include/uapi: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
tar: ./tools/linux-i386/gcc-arm-none-eabi/arm-none-eabi/libc/usr/include/rpc: Cannot utime: No such file or directory
tar: ./tools/linux-i386/gcc-arm-none-eabi/arm-none-eabi/libc/usr/include/rpc: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
tar: ./tools/linux-i386/gcc-arm-none-eabi/arm-none-eabi/libc/usr/include/bits: Cannot utime: No such file or directory
tar: ./tools/linux-i386/gcc-arm-none-eabi/arm-none-eabi/libc/usr/include/bits: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
tar: ./tools/linux-i386/gcc-arm-none-eabi-r5/arm-none-eabi/include/rpc: Cannot utime: No such file or directory
tar: ./tools/linux-i386/gcc-arm-none-eabi-r5/arm-none-eabi/include/rpc: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
tar: ./tools/linux-i386/gcc-arm-none-eabi-r5/arm-none-eabi/include/bits: Cannot utime: No such file or directory
tar: ./tools/linux-i386/gcc-arm-none-eabi-r5/arm-none-eabi/include/bits: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
tar: ./tools/common/petalinux/lib: Cannot utime: No such file or directory
tar: ./tools/common/petalinux/lib: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
tar: ./tools/hsm/data/sdk/gnu-scripts: Cannot utime: No such file or directory
tar: ./tools/hsm/data/sdk/gnu-scripts: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors
ERROR: Failed to install PetaLinux SDK into "petalinux/."

Please refer to the PetaLinux Tools Installation Guide.

Check the troubleshooting guide at the end of that manual, and if you are
unable to resolve the issue please contact customer support with file:
/home/labuser/petalinux_installation_log

[labuser@thumper ~]$

Anyone have any idea??

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Re: Petalinux 2017.2 on Red Hat Linux 6.9 installation fails after following the UG1144 (v2017.2) Reference Guide

Jump to solution

We upgraded tar to version 1.29 and now Petalinux 2017.2 installs on Red Hat 6.9 with devetoolset-2 and python27 software collections in case anyone is running across this problem.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Petalinux 2017.2 on Red Hat Linux 6.9 installation fails after following the UG1144 (v2017.2) Reference Guide

Jump to solution
You either have to use sudo to enable write permissions in /opt or you can install it in your home directory.You should use not root account to install the petalinux_installer.
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Jump to solution

I tried what you mentioned and still have the same problems. I am not installing as root. This install is in my home directory. All permissions are open. I am wondering if something is going on with 2017.2 and Red Hat Linux 6.9..

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Jump to solution

We upgraded tar to version 1.29 and now Petalinux 2017.2 installs on Red Hat 6.9 with devetoolset-2 and python27 software collections in case anyone is running across this problem.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos