UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help! ISE 11 License problems... Mapper fails, webcase being ignored

3 weeks ago I upgraded to ISE 11 "Logic Edition" Design Suite with ModelSim Xilinx Edition... all licensed via a FLEX-ID USB dongle key.  Since then I've had no useable ISE tools.  ModelSim (after finally getting and installing the RIGHT USB drivers) was able to install and correctly license itself with the dongle.  No such luck with ISE.

I first tried to run ISE 11.1, but I just could not get the license manager to detect the dongle.  Read a blurb online that licensing issues are fixed in the 11.3 update... so after downloading and installing that the license manager does in fact see the dongle key and correctly reads its number... the manager also has about 10 times the number of feature entries so I had hope... but trying to run a project it fails as it enters the MAP phase with the following error:

***************************************************************************************************

Using target part "3s2000fg676-4".
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
INFO:Security:56 - Part 'xc3s2000' is not a WebPack part.
INFO:Security:60 - The XILINXD_LICENSE_FILE environment variable is set to
'C:\.Xilinx\Xilinx.lic'.
INFO:Security:62 - The LM_LICENSE_FILE environment variable is set to
'C:\.Xilinx\license.dat;C:\.Xilinx\Xilinx.lic'.
INFO:Security:68 - Please run the Xilinx License Configuration Manager
       (xlcm or "Manage Xilinx Licenses")
       to assist in obtaining a license.
ERROR:Security:9 - No 'ISE' feature was available for part 'xc3s2000'.
ERROR:Security:12 - No 'xc3s2000' feature was available (-96).
----------------------------------------------------------------------
License server machine is down or not responding.
 See the system adminstrator about starting the license server system, or
 make sure you're referring to the right host (see LM_LICENSE_FILE).
Feature:       ISE
Hostname:      null
License path:
C:\.Xilinx\Xilinx.lic;C:\.Xilinx\license.dat;C:\Xilinx\ISE11\ISE/data\*.lic;C:\X
ilinx\ISE11\ISE/coregen/core_licenses\can_v1_flexlm.lic;C:\Xilinx\ISE11\ISE/core
gen/core_licenses\can_v2_flexlm.lic;C:\Xilinx\ISE11\ISE/coregen/core_licenses\cp
ri_v2_flexlm.lic;C:\Xilinx\ISE11\ISE/coregen/core_licenses\ethernet_statistics_v
2_flexlm.lic;C:\Xilinx\ISE11\ISE/coregen/core_licenses\ethernet_statistics_v3_fl
exlm.lic;C:\Xilinx\ISE11\ISE/coregen/core_licenses\eth_avb_endpoint_v1_flexlm.li
c;C:\Xilinx\ISE11\ISE/coregen/core_licenses\fibre_channel_v3_flexlm.lic;C:\Xilin
x\ISE11\ISE/coregen/core_licenses\gfp_v1_3_flexlm.lic;C:\Xilinx\ISE11\ISE/corege
n/core_licenses\gfp_v2_flexlm.lic;C:\Xilinx\ISE11\ISE/coregen/core_licenses\gig_
eth_mac_v8_flexlm.lic;C:\Xilinx\ISE11\ISE/coregen/core_licenses\gig_eth_pcs_pma_
v10_flexlm.lic;C:\Xilinx\ISE11\ISE/coregen/core_licenses\gig_eth_pcs_pma_v9_flex
lm.lic;C:\Xilinx\ISE11\ISE/coregen/core_licenses\obsai_v3_flexlm.lic;C:\Xilinx\I
SE11\ISE/coregen/core_licenses\pci32_v4_flexlm.lic;C:\Xilinx\ISE11\ISE/coregen/c
ore_licenses\pci64_v4_flexlm.lic;C:\Xilinx\ISE11\ISE/coregen/core_licenses\pcie_
blk_plus_v1_flexlm.lic;C:\Xilinx\ISE11\ISE/coregen/core_licenses\pcie_pipe_v1_fl
exlm.lic;C:\Xilinx\ISE11\ISE/coregen/core_licenses\pcix_v6_flexlm.lic;C:\Xilinx\
ISE11\ISE/coregen/core_licenses\pci_express_v3_flexlm.lic;C:\Xilinx\ISE11\ISE/co
regen/core_licenses\pktq_v2_flexlm.lic;C:\Xilinx\ISE11\ISE/coregen/core_licenses
\pl4_lite_v4_flexlm.lic;C:\Xilinx\ISE11\ISE/coregen/core_licenses\pl4_v8_flexlm.
lic;C:\Xilinx\ISE11\ISE/coregen/core_licenses\pl4_v9_flexlm.lic;C:\Xilinx\ISE11\
ISE/coregen/core_licenses\rio_log_io_v4_flexlm.lic;C:\Xilinx\ISE11\ISE/coregen/c
ore_licenses\rio_log_io_v5_flexlm.lic;C:\Xilinx\ISE11\ISE/coregen/core_licenses\
spi3_link_v5_flexlm.lic;C:\Xilinx\ISE11\ISE/coregen/core_licenses\spi3_phy_v5_fl
exlm.lic;C:\Xilinx\ISE11\ISE/coregen/core_licenses\srio_phy_v4_flexlm.lic;C:\Xil
inx\ISE11\ISE/coregen/core_licenses\srio_phy_v5_flexlm.lic;C:\Xilinx\ISE11\ISE/c
oregen/core_licenses\ten_gig_eth_mac_v8_flexlm.lic;C:\Xilinx\ISE11\ISE/coregen/c
ore_licenses\ten_gig_eth_mac_v9_flexlm.lic;C:\Xilinx\ISE11\ISE/coregen/core_lice
nses\tri_mode_eth_mac_v3_flexlm.lic;C:\Xilinx\ISE11\ISE/coregen/core_licenses\tr
i_mode_eth_mac_v4_flexlm.lic;C:\Xilinx\ISE11\ISE/coregen/core_licenses\vlynq_v1_
flexlm.lic;C:\Xilinx\ISE11\ISE/coregen/core_licenses\v_ccm_v1_flexlm.lic;C:\Xili
nx\ISE11\ISE/coregen/core_licenses\v_cfa_v1_flexlm.lic;C:\Xilinx\ISE11\ISE/coreg
en/core_licenses\v_gamma_v1_flexlm.lic;C:\Xilinx\ISE11\ISE/coregen/core_licenses
\v_ipipe_v1_flexlm.lic;C:\Xilinx\ISE11\ISE/coregen/core_licenses\v_rgb2ycrcb_v2_
flexlm.lic;C:\Xilinx\ISE11\ISE/coregen/core_licenses\v_spc_v1_flexlm.lic;C:\Xili
nx\ISE11\ISE/coregen/core_licenses\v_ycrcb2rgb_v2_flexlm.lic;C:\Xilinx\ISE11\ISE
/coregen/core_licenses\xaui_v7_flexlm.lic;[...]
FLEXnet Licensing error:-96,7.  System Error: 11001 "WinSock: Host not found
(HOST_NOT_FOUND)"
For further information, refer to the FLEXnet Licensing documentation,
available at "www.acresso.com".License server machine is down or not responding.
 See the system adminstrator about starting the license server system, or
 make sure you're referring to the right host (see LM_LICENSE_FILE).
Feature:       xc3s2000
Hostname:      null
License path:
C:\.Xilinx\Xilinx.lic;C:\.Xilinx\license.dat;C:\Xilinx\ISE11\ISE/data\*.lic;C:\X
ilinx\ISE11\ISE/coregen/core_licenses\can_v1_flexlm.lic;C:\Xilinx\ISE11\ISE/core
gen/core_licenses\can_v2_flexlm.lic;C:\Xilinx\ISE11\ISE/coregen/core_licenses\cp
ri_v2_flexlm.lic;C:\Xilinx\ISE11\ISE/coregen/core_licenses\ethernet_statistics_v
2_flexlm.lic;C:\Xilinx\ISE11\ISE/coregen/core_licenses\ethernet_statistics_v3_fl
exlm.lic;C:\Xilinx\ISE11\ISE/coregen/core_licenses\eth_avb_endpoint_v1_flexlm.li
c;C:\Xilinx\ISE11\ISE/coregen/core_licenses\fibre_channel_v3_flexlm.lic
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
ERROR:Map:258 - A problem was encountered attempting to get the license for this
   architecture. 

*************************************************************************************************** 

I opened a webcase for support on this issue on 10/16 (webcase# 803942) and have received NO help so far... just some guy asking for my license file.  Anybody running into issues like this?

From reading other posts this kinda sounds like what some people have run into when installing through a remote desktop, but that is not the case with me... I do sit on a VERY restrictive corporate network (a satellite branch of that network, actually) but nothing remote.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: Please help! ISE 11 License problems... Mapper fails, webcase being ignored

Webcase 803943 actually... typo in the original post... sorry.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor pxexdxrxo
Visitor

Re: Please help! ISE 11 License problems... Mapper fails, webcase being ignored

I got the same error in Windows, not a problem in Linux.

When running ISE on a TCL shell in Windows the license env variable is missing.

I've set it in the script and worked fine.

Pedro Alves

0 Kudos