UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newbie ahanjrah

Probable Virus threat

Hi,

One of our users reported that our Kaspersky Anti-Virus catch the files in Xilinx SDK as Viruses and deleted some of them. As per the user, the installation is years old and has not been picked by anti virus before. Please see the attached image and let me know what exactly has changed.

Thanks,

Capture.PNG
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Scholar hbucher
Scholar

Re: Probable Virus threat

@ahanjrah If you run clamav on vivado you will see tons of false positives.

Not sure what you want with this post.

vitorian.com --- We do this for fun. Always give kudos. Accept as solution if your question was answered.
I will not answer to personal messages - use the forums instead.
0 Kudos
Newbie ahanjrah

Hi hbucher,

I wanted to confirm why it is being filtered by Anti-Virus. Was not sure that other anti-viruses also do the same. But the question is why? You don't see normal applications filtered out by anti-viruses...

Anyways, it was good to know it's a false positive and not an actual threat.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Scholar hbucher
Scholar

@ahanjrah 

Yes, this is actually interesting. I have never seen an application that has so many false positives as Vivado. 

Perhaps is the way that it works from Java spawning native processes and connecting back to Xilinx with Webtalk that triggers it. 

I cannot say for the exact version you are referring but I deployed Vivado on Amazon Cloud and their antivirus flagged four binaries. It took a week to clear them up as a false positive. What I am saying is that it is common.

Actually it is recommended that you put Vivado's folder under your antivirus exceptions list.

vitorian.com --- We do this for fun. Always give kudos. Accept as solution if your question was answered.
I will not answer to personal messages - use the forums instead.
0 Kudos
Voyager
Voyager

FWIW...

Malwarebytes has been detecting XIC as malware and blocking it for a while on some of our machines here.  It's been a mild annoyance.  However, I recently had MWB quarantine my Vivado 2017.2 .BAT launcher.  (THAT wasn't fun.)  That hasn't happened again on my PC.

-Joe G.

0 Kudos