cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with ISE Design Suite 14.6 when starting a new project

Jump to solution

Hello everybody, 

I just installed  and licensed ISE Design Suite 14.6 but when i choose New Project and then hit the button to change the location of the project i get the error message "  The instruction at 0x####### referenced memory at 0x########## the memory could not be read " and when i choose OK the software crashes. I am running Windows 8/64.
Did any one of you had the same problem or have any idea what could be causing it?

Thank you! 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vuppala
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Windows 8 is an unsupported OS.

See install, release notes of ISE 14.6: http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx14_6/irn.pdf

Thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
vuppala
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Windows 8 is an unsupported OS.

See install, release notes of ISE 14.6: http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx14_6/irn.pdf

Thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Thank you vuppala,

It was really stupid to download and install 6GB software before checking if it is compatible with my OS, I just didn't expected not to be :) Thanks one more time :)

0 Kudos
nachum
Observer
Observer

Hi stoyan_stoyanov,

You may find it possible to work around many issues with ISE by disabling SmartHeap. I have even found that installation problems go away if you extract the .cab files and find the replacement libPortabilityNOSH.dll to use. See my response about general ISE issues on Windows 8 x64 here:

http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Installation-and-Licensing/Xilinx-ISE-14-2-and-Windows-8/m-p/321181#M4506

I had previously needed to install ISE 13 or 12 (I don't recall which) on Windows 8 64 bit, and was having installation crashes. By extracting the .cab files I was able to find the libPortabilityNOSH.dll. When I used that file to replace the libPortability.dll that is uesd during installation, the installation ran smoothly.

Be aware that using the NOSH version of the dll can fix installation, ISE, and Impact. It won't fix the newer Xilinx tools like PlanAhead or Vivado.

Nachum

0 Kudos

Hello nachum,

Thank you for the suggestion - I tried it and everything seems to work fine now! :)

Stoyan

0 Kudos