Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Problem with Vivado license 9.1

Hello,

In company we have problem with Viterbi  9.1 decoder license.(Viterbi decoder 2018.2) on the computer with windows 10 ( I was testing without AV and disabling firewall)

I was reading another topic of this error but sadly i was  not able to resolve the issue.

We are using system generator in version 2018.1 and Vivado in 2018.1 along with Matlab R2018a on computer with problem.

In the other side on the newer version of generator error is gone but we have many projects in old version already in development.Also on the other computer with windows 7 error is not showing too.

We are using server license with lmtools on it in version 11.14.1.0(I can run from older too if needed)

Error is only with viterbi rest is working fine.(Red solomon for example)

What can be core of the following error ?Or what information i should send to get deeper into this.

Best regards 

Peter

Capture1.PNGCapture2.PNG

0 Kudos
17 Replies
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

Re: Problem with Vivado license 9.1

I'm sorry but I'm now confused.

You have some machines with the Viterbi 9.1 IP working, and others that don't ?
<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

We have local computer with win 7 and evrything is okay but in remotly option (laptop with win 10 ) error is up.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello @70005-1-37 ,

Please generate Xinfo on Win7 OS and separately, an Xinfo report on your remote laptop with Win 10 on it. That way we can then compare both Xinfo reports and see what can be found when comparing them both.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello @70005-1-37 ,

The Xinfo reports show that on Win 10 (non-working) you are using Vivado 2018.1, and the licensing issue is seen.
Whereas, using Win 7 + Vivado 2018.2, not issues are seeing at your end.

Would you be able to test 2018.2 on Win 10 and see if you can bypass this error then? Perhaps there were some known issues back then with 2018.1, that got addressed in 2018.2?

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Still the same 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello @70005-1-37 ,

Apologies, I only saw your reply now. 

Can you please cd to C:/Xilinx/Vivado/2018.2/bin/unwrapped/win64.o and from here,run  lmutil lmstat –a –c 2100@licencje -i

Then please share a screenshot of the output.

Can i ask you please to set FLEXLM_DIAGNOSTICS Environment variable value 3,

eg:     FLEXLM_DIAGNOSTICS=3

And then try and see if you get an additional licensing pop up dialog box with additional info at the time when SysGen produces a licensing error?

I would also suggest running SysGen as an administrator, as sometimes this helps with a wide range of issues in SysGen.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hello,

Im adding triple file ( Win 7 working log , win 10 not working log  and flexm diagnostic from not working PC(on 3 not even single license working)

FLEXLM_DIAGNOSTICS Environment variable value 3 I did on client computer should I did it on host server too ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello @70005-1-37,

Based on the output of FLEXLM, the tool is looking for the viterbi feature and fails to find, hence the error is seen:

image.png

In your licensing output, i can see some of the Errors, which is an indication that there is an issue with your overall lic file.

i.e.

Users of petalinux_arch_ppc:  (Error: 1 licenses, unsupported by licensed server)

image.png

My suggestion would be for you to remove this petalinux related license and its correspondent licensing features as shown above and then restart the floating license server and try once again then. Hope this is what is potentially causing your behaviour? 

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hi ,

I did as you told but sadly error persist.

Any ideas what else can I do to fix this ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello @70005-1-37 ,

If the server is refusing to let your PC to check out the necessary license file, the licensing activity is getting logged in the debug.log file.

Can you please ask your floating licensing admin to share this debug log file for examination. Your admin will know where this log is currently located.

This will show us more info on what is happening at the time when your PC tries to reach the Floating License Server to check out the necessary licensing feature. If there is an error, this will be logged in the debug.log file.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Well Im the admin so its not a problem but to be honest I dont see any sign's of errors (On PC with win 7 evrything is working correctly)

Im wondering that maybe I should generate new fresh license  but when im trying to delete old one to make new  im reaching messege ,,Sorry, you have exceeded the maximum number of allowed license key regeneration operations. Please submit a Service Request from the Xilinx Web Portal for further assistance.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello @70005-1-37 ,

I can see this line:

License file(s) used: C:\FLEX\XILINX TEST\win_flxlm_V11.14.1.0.zip\windows_flexlm_v11.14.1.0\win64.o\Xilinx fusion.lic

Here is what I would suggest you to try next:

1) stop the server that is currently running your Xilinx related floating licenses

2) Unzip your win_flxlm_V11.14.1.0.zip to C:\test folder. Once unzipped, you should only see the the windows_flexlm_v11.14.1.0 folder and within that folder, you'd see these:

image.png

3) rename your lic from Xilinx fusion.lic to Xilinx_fusion.lic and paste this into C:\test\windows_flexlm_v11.14.1.0\win64.o  folder.

So, this folder would contain the flexlm utilities + Lic file, e.g.:

image.png
3) Open a Command prompt on the server machine and cd to the C:\test\windows_flexlm_v11.14.1.0\win64.o location

4) Then Start the server with this command:

lmgrd -c Xilinx_fusion.lic -l debug.log -z

(please note that you don't need to specify the entire path locatin for your lic file and where to create your debug.log file, as you are already in the area where your lic is located. Debug log file will also be created within this C:\test\windows_flexlm_v11.14.1.0\win64.o location)

Then check the log file to make sure all of the features are shown and the server is Up and running correctly.

If so, then try and see the behaviour on both machines.

Again, i can see some expired Petalinux features in your lic file. I would suggest you to remove these, as these no longer valid and can be removed.

BTW,I've requested to requested to reset your rehost count and this is done now, so you won't see any error when trying to rehost your lic file. So before doing the above, indeed, please regenerate your licenses for the exact same machine/server and its Host ID and then try the steps above.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hi thx for reply,

unfortunately problem still showing.

In my opinion problem is with old sys generator and vivado  version and windows 10  becuze on the newest version evrything is fine.

Well it seems we need to finish old projects in the old fassion way (local ) then we will start on the new environment.

0 Kudos