UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor asanghi
Visitor

Problems with license purchased from AWS on prem development recommendation link

Jump to solution

I purchased Vivado license recommended by AWS on this page: 

https://github.com/aws/aws-fpga/blob/master/hdk/.../on_premise_licensing_help.md

However, Vivado is still complaining about the encryption license and giving out the following error.

[runtcl-4] ERROR: [Vivado 12-5759] write_checkpoint -encrypt : required license not available.

I checked the license does not list the encryption feature in the License Manager (see attached picture). According to the above page on AWS, the license should have the following features. Which does not completely match with the features in my License Manager. Please help resolve this issue. This is blocking us.

List of features according to the AWS page the license should have.

• EncryptedWriter_v2
  • Synthesis
  • Implementation
  • XCVU9P
  • XCVU9P_bitgen
  • ap_opencl
  • Analyzer
  • HLS
  • PartialReconfiguration
  • Simulation
  • SysGen

Screen Shot 2019-01-30 at 11.03.46 AM.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Problems with license purchased from AWS on prem development recommendation link

Jump to solution

Hi @asanghi, I talked with Customer Service about you not seeing the license, and while the purchase page gives you a Vivado Design Edition license (this is normal), there is a note just below it that says:

If you have already purchased a Vivado System or Design Edition license and are looking for the On-Premise license key, please visit the account that your Vivado license is in at the Product Licensing Site. If you do not see the license in your account with your Vivado license please log a service ticket with customer service.

Given that you already noted that you didn't see it in your account, Customer Service has now added it. Please check your account and you should see an entry for the on-prem license for you to generate. Please feel free to let me or @anatoli know if you have issues seeing it or generating it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution!
12 Replies

Re: Problems with license purchased from AWS on prem development recommendation link

Jump to solution

Hello @asanghi,

The license that you've purchased is EF-VIVADO-SDX-VU9P-OP-(NL/FL), am i right?

If you read here (https://www.xilinx.com/products/design-tools/acceleration-zone/ef-vivado-sdx-vu9p-op-fl-nl.html), indeed, this should include all of the following features

Vivado Design Suite System Edition : Device locked to XCVU9P
Partial Reconfiguration
SDAccel™ Development Environment
IEEE 1735-2014 Encryption

Therefore, EncryptedWriter_v2 should be included in the license file too. However, the tools isn't able to find this and that is the reason for this failure.

Can you please share this license with us, so that I can check this license and see what features are actually included in the license file. I just want to see if there is an actual issue with the license (where some features are missing) or Vivado isn't able to detect this license (perhaps you haven't set your XILINXD_LICENSE_FILE to point to the location of this license file). Yes, I can see VLM sees these features, however Vivado may not be able to detect these, unless you have your XILINXD_LICENSE_FILE environment variable set to point to the folder where you've save this node-locked license file.

Please note that sharing this license directly on Forums is OK, as this license won't work on any other machines apart the one it was generated for.

However, if you wish to send me the lic file direcly, I can share you my direct email address via PM and you can send this to me then, for examination.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
Visitor asanghi
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hi anatoli,

Thank you for your response. Yes, that is the page and link where I bought the license from. However in the cart, the license part number showed up as EF-VIVADO-DESIGN-NL. I assume that this is same as  EF-VIVADO-SDX-VU9P-OP-NL. BTW, I did not explicitly set any variables in Vivado to point to license file. I thought loading the license manager would do it. Also I did not find in the Vivado GUI, where to set the location of license file either.

0 Kudos
Visitor asanghi
Visitor

Jump to solution

Help, please! 

0 Kudos
Visitor asanghi
Visitor

Jump to solution

I have made sure that the license file exists at the location: C:\.Xilinx\Xilinx.lic. Quit and restarted Vivado, but stuck at the same place. What are we missing.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hello @asanghi,

First of all, please use at (@) and then the user id (i.e. @anatoli) so that we get a notification when you addressing your replies directly to someone specifically, as it is easy to miss out on any replies when users don't include this, especially when dealing with many forum threads on daily basis.

Anyhow, the license you've purchased is a standard Vivado Design Edition license and it is different to what you need. EF-VIVADO-DESIGN-NL is NOT the same as EF-VIVADO-SDX-VU9P-OP-NL, as EF-VIVADO-SDX-VU9P-OP-NL would include additional features that you are missing right now. 

List of features the EF-VIVADO-SDX-VU9P-OP license would/should have.

• EncryptedWriter_v2
  • Synthesis
  • Implementation
  • XCVU9P
  • XCVU9P_bitgen
  • ap_opencl
  • Analyzer
  • HLS
  • PartialReconfiguration
  • Simulation
  • SysGen

In bold is what you would additionally get if you had purchased the EF-VIVADO-SDX-VU9P-OP license file. 

I would suggest to you getting back to the Xilinx Sales representative who you bought this license from and explain the situation about the wrong license purchased and see what they can do in order to help you with obtain EF-VIVADO-SDX-VU9P-OP instead of standard Vivado Design Edition license.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
0 Kudos
Visitor asanghi
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hi @anatoli,

Thank you for your reply. I am new to forum. Thank you for bearing with me, while I learn the ropes.

Since, I purchased license online, there is no Sales representative, and any attempts to get help or opening Service Request have only leads to this forum.

As I mentioned earlier, I purchased the license from the webpage below. Based on the description on this page, I would think that I am buying EF-VIVADO-SDX-VU9P-OP. But, if you go to that page and click "Buy Node-Locked License" to the cart, EF-VIVADO-DESIGN_NL is added to the cart. I am not able to figure out what I missed.  

https://www.xilinx.com/products/design-tools/acceleration-zone/ef-vivado-sdx-vu9p-op-fl-nl.html

Vivado Design Suite System Edition : Device locked to XCVU9P
Partial Reconfiguration
SDAccel™ Development Environment
IEEE 1735-2014 Encryption

From the list of missing features in current license, I am able to figure out what I am missing when I don't have the following features

• EncryptedWriter_v2
  • ap_opencl
  • SysGen

But not sure what I am missing by not having the following. Would appreciate if you can help me understand what I am missing by not having these features.

• XCVU9P
  • XCVU9P_bitgen

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @asanghi, I talked with Customer Service about you not seeing the license, and while the purchase page gives you a Vivado Design Edition license (this is normal), there is a note just below it that says:

If you have already purchased a Vivado System or Design Edition license and are looking for the On-Premise license key, please visit the account that your Vivado license is in at the Product Licensing Site. If you do not see the license in your account with your Vivado license please log a service ticket with customer service.

Given that you already noted that you didn't see it in your account, Customer Service has now added it. Please check your account and you should see an entry for the on-prem license for you to generate. Please feel free to let me or @anatoli know if you have issues seeing it or generating it.

Visitor asanghi
Visitor

Jump to solution

@kmorris,

Thank you! Now I see all features as enabled except SysGen. For some reason I still don't see SysGen. Is this feature for DSP algorithm optimization?

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @asanghi, you are correct, SysGen is for DSP's and you can find further information about it here.

SysGen is not normally part of a Vivado Design Edition license, but is part of a System Edition license. You can see the features table here.

Visitor asanghi
Visitor

Jump to solution

@kmorris, thank you for clarifying. I don't care for DSP algorithm. So I am good. Appreciate help in resolving the issue.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hello @asanghi,

Based on https://www.xilinx.com/products/design-tools/acceleration-zone/ef-vivado-sdx-vu9p-op-fl-nl.html, you should have received a "Vivado Design Suite System Edition : Device locked to XCVU9P", so SysGen feature should have been included for you too.

However, what you have shown, is a Design Edition and not a System Edition. Perhaps the info on the page may be incorrect, so let me double check on this and get this corrected if that is the case.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
Visitor asanghi
Visitor

Jump to solution

@anatoli, thank you for reply. The link seems to be for Design Edition. The price on that page also matches that of the Design Edition. So, yes if it is supposed to be System Edition, the link may need to be updated.

Screen Shot 2019-02-06 at 9.38.01 AM.png

0 Kudos