UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor cbnaumann
Visitor

Profile Deletions

Jump to solution

It looks like at least two of my profiles have been deleted, both with entitlements. I received a notice of deletion on one of my profiles this morning, but it is already gone.  Another profile also appear to be gone. Xilinx sends a LOT of spam so I often ignore or miss messages. I was not aware of the need to log in to each profile yearly.

This is a really BAD situation. Some of my profiles have $10K or more in entitlements. 

How do I get you to stop deleting these after only 1 year? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Profile Deletions

Jump to solution

Hello @cbnaumann,

Please note that our system does the scan and if any user who hasn't logged in to Xilinx.com for over a year, this Xilinx.com profile gets automatically removed. This is Xilinx policy and there is nothing that can be done here else-how (unless you visit and log in to Xilinx.com at least once  year). 

However, even if these profiles are now deleted, please not that all of you entitlements are still there, these are not getting removed and will be stored for you permanently in our system.

To get all of your entitlements back, please create a new/fresh Xilinx.com profile with the exact User ID and email address.

If you decide to choose a new User ID for your profile (btw, please don't choose to have your actual corporate email address to be your User ID, as this would then be openly visible to all Forum Users for example, when you post a new forum thread on Forums), that is OK as well, however, to get your licenses transferred to your new Xilinx.com profile from your 2 old previous already removed Xilinx.com profiles, you'd then need to raise an Electronic Fulfillment SR with Xilinx Customer Service team (by logging in to https://www.xilinx.com/support.html#serviceportal -> LICENSING), asking them to re-assign all of your entitlements (licenses) to your new Xilinx.com profile. They will then be able re-add these back to your new profile.

Hope the above is clear. If you need any further clarification from my side, please let me know.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Jump to solution

Hello @cbnaumann,

Please note that our system does the scan and if any user who hasn't logged in to Xilinx.com for over a year, this Xilinx.com profile gets automatically removed. This is Xilinx policy and there is nothing that can be done here else-how (unless you visit and log in to Xilinx.com at least once  year). 

However, even if these profiles are now deleted, please not that all of you entitlements are still there, these are not getting removed and will be stored for you permanently in our system.

To get all of your entitlements back, please create a new/fresh Xilinx.com profile with the exact User ID and email address.

If you decide to choose a new User ID for your profile (btw, please don't choose to have your actual corporate email address to be your User ID, as this would then be openly visible to all Forum Users for example, when you post a new forum thread on Forums), that is OK as well, however, to get your licenses transferred to your new Xilinx.com profile from your 2 old previous already removed Xilinx.com profiles, you'd then need to raise an Electronic Fulfillment SR with Xilinx Customer Service team (by logging in to https://www.xilinx.com/support.html#serviceportal -> LICENSING), asking them to re-assign all of your entitlements (licenses) to your new Xilinx.com profile. They will then be able re-add these back to your new profile.

Hope the above is clear. If you need any further clarification from my side, please let me know.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
Visitor cbnaumann
Visitor

Jump to solution

I have to say that it is baffling to be that Xilinx cannot change a Xilinx policy. There is nothing we can do, those are our rules and we cannot change them.

The thing is, I really don't need to log in that often. I may need to re-host my entitlements once every 4 or 5 years. 

I will try to re-create the profile that was lost. 

Thank you for the reply. 

0 Kudos