cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Re: ISE Design Suite 13.4

I couldn't install the above named version (13.4) as my system (windows vista, 32 bit) does not support the version I downloaded.

Is there anything I could do to rectify the problem or would I have to download the version that supports my system?

From some of the relese notes and guides I read,  it is often stated Vista business 32 bit or 64 bit as the recommended system. Is Vsta business different from the normal Windows Vista which I have?

Can anyone help me with answers to my querries or possibly, recommend the right version of the software for my system.

Thanks.

Simeon 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

You won't be supported, but you could give it a shot.  Not putting an OS in the Release Notes doesn't mean it won't work, it means it won't be supported and most likely was not tested.  There are 4 versions of Vista: Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, and Ultimate.  Of all these versions, I think the latter 3 should be fine and would only worry about Home Basic potentially having issues.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Thank you very much for your response.

According to the instalation instrucion, I should run "xsetup.exe" to install the software, but each time I try I get this message: "The version of this file is not compatible with version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whther you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher".

Could you, please enlighten me about this message; what it means and what to do to solve the problem. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Try to run the xsetup.exe directly under the platform forlder.  If you are running Vista32, run nt/xsetup.exe.  If you are running Vista64, run nt64/xsetup.exe.

If this still doesn't work, well there's proof it wasn't tested, and why it's not listed as a supported OS.

0 Kudos