cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer
Observer

Renewal of XPS evaluation licenses

Jump to solution

I am a student with a Webpack license for ISE 14.7 (no Vivado as I'm targeting only pre-7-series devices at present). Recently, my XPS core evaluation licenses expired, before I used XPS (which was bundled in the installation) for the first time, and is reportedly supported by the Webpack license.

On the Xilinx IP Licensing Eval page, it states: 

• "For EDK Cores, the Full System Hardware Evaluation License Key for each fee-based core is bundled into the EDK software release as well as subsequent service pack updates. These "bundled" evaluation keys expire about 14 months from the particular EDK release. Additional keys may be generated after the 14-month period to re-enable evaluation access on theProduct Download and Licensing site."

However, when I visit the Product Download and Licensing site, I am not offered an opportunity to re-generate these additional keys. Is there a step that I am missing?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi @hexafraction,

You don't need to regenerate, you can use the license present at the end of this Answer Record:
http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/66733.html

Just keep it in a location pointed to by the XILINXD_LICENSE_FILE.

Thanks,
Nupur
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (click on the 'thumbs-up' button).

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @hexafraction

Evaluation licenses are different from webpack. Contact http://www.xilinx.com/support/university.html as you are a student.

Thanks,Vijay
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
Observer
Observer

@vijayak Thanks for clarifying.

The licenses in question were added to my account when I activated Webpack; I presume that they were bundled with the Webpack license. Secondly, I am not at a university that participates in the Xilinx University Program at present, as I am currently a high school student. I was under the impression that I do not need to be part of XUP to renew these core evaluation licenses, as I didn't need to be to get them to begin with, and the page I cited in my original post makes no mention of XUP participation.

If you could clarify further or direct me to resources that would be recommended, it would be much appreciated.

0 Kudos

Hi @hexafraction,

You don't need to regenerate, you can use the license present at the end of this Answer Record:
http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/66733.html

Just keep it in a location pointed to by the XILINXD_LICENSE_FILE.

Thanks,
Nupur
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (click on the 'thumbs-up' button).

View solution in original post

Observer
Observer

@nupurs Thanks! I'll try it later today when I have a moment to create and implement a full project through the entire workflow.

0 Kudos
Observer
Observer

@nupurs Thanks for the link to the permanent licenses that you gave. It still appears that I'm not able to use XPS, since I have neither an XPS or XPS_TDP license, although it should be the case that I should be able to use this with webpack, according to  what I found (and seeing that there's no bundled license sold as part of the devkit I have, while XPS is mentioned in its docs). Could you clarify?

Thanks again!

0 Kudos

Hi @hexafraction,

Can you post your license file here?

Thanks,
Nupur
0 Kudos
Observer
Observer

@nupurs I'm a bit concerned about pasting the license file in its entirety here since my webpack license for some reason isn't node-locked (In the licensing site I have a valid webpack license with hostid * and the license file specifies HOSTID=ANY. The ISE part functions fine, here is a redacted copy of the remainder of that file:

INCREMENT ISE_WebPACK xilinxd 2016.06 permanent uncounted \
0CAC91XXXXXX \
VENDOR_STRING=hexafraction,ISE_WebPACK,software,permanent,_2109xxxxx_0_0_xxx \
HOSTID=ANY ISSUER="Xilinx Inc" START=03-Jun-2015 TS_OK
#
#
# ----------------------------------------------------------------------
#  The following PACKAGE definition is a REQUIRED part of this license:
#
PACKAGE ISE_WebPACK xilinxd 2016.06 D272A2XXXXXX COMPONENTS="SDK \
WebPACK XC7Z010 XC7Z030 xps_tdp XC7Z020 PlanAhead" \
OPTIONS=SUITE

I'm not sure exactly the way the licensing works for this. I seem to have only zynq feature licenses (XC7Z010 and XC7Z030) but the WebPACK component itself should be licensing me the feature for my webpack-supported FPGA (XC5VLX50T). If you could clarify I'd much appreciate it.

Thanks!

0 Kudos