UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor chrisdean11
Visitor

SDK fails to launch after installing on Ubuntu

Jump to solution

I installed Vivado 2015.4 and the SDK using the WebPack on my laptop running Ubuntu 14.04. Everything besides the SDK seemed to install and run fine.

When I go to launch the SDK, I get the error "The Eclipse executable launcher was unable to locate its companion shared library." Also, eclipse.ini is blank. Is that how it should be? I thought I'd simply have to locate the library and put its path in the .ini file or something but perhaps not.

I should also mention that I have Eclipse Mars for C/C++ installed on this machine, but I don't think it's affecting this situation.

Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scholar sampatd
Scholar

Re: SDK fails to launch after installing on Ubuntu

Jump to solution
You can download and install standalone SDK:
http://www.xilinx.com/support/download/index.html/content/xilinx/en/downloadNav/embedded-design-tools.html

And, eclipse.ini should not be empty.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Visitor chrisdean11
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hmm, is there a way to do a fresh install of the SDK without going through the full Vivado install again? The installer won't let me uncheck the Design Suite.

0 Kudos
Scholar sampatd
Scholar

Jump to solution
You can download and install standalone SDK:
http://www.xilinx.com/support/download/index.html/content/xilinx/en/downloadNav/embedded-design-tools.html

And, eclipse.ini should not be empty.
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @chrisdean11,

One of the common reasons for this error could be the wrong unizipping of the eclipse zip file (for ex. unzipping without recreating the directory structure).Try to unzip the zipped eclipse again with a different unzip tool (winrar or 7zip) and make sure that the necessary subdirectories are created during extraction.

Thanks,
Rajesh

0 Kudos
Visitor chrisdean11
Visitor

Jump to solution

Reinstalling fixed the problem, thanks!

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Glad to know that your issue is resolved. So please close this thread by marking an appropriate reply as solution in the interest of other users.

Thanks,
Nupur
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (click on the 'thumbs-up' button).
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
Good to know that re-installation helped to fix the issue. Please close the thread by marking the appropriate answer as accepted solution.

Thanks,
Rajesh
0 Kudos