UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDSoC 2016.2 Install Error: Files Not Available

Hi folks, I'm unable to install SDSoC with the web installer.  It reports:

SDSoC-install-error-20160721.PNG

(Error Downloading Files / There was an error when trying to download files. Not all necessary files for the requested installation are currently available. Please contact Xilinx customer service.)

This happened after downloading the SDSoC 2016.2 web installer for Windows 64, running the installer from the shortcut that popped up in the browser, clicking through the setup wizard, accepting all license agreements and default options, and finally clicking Install on the summary screen. The installer advanced to the progress screen and after a couple seconds of no activity reported the above error.

I'm running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit on Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac.  I've set the network to private and turned off the firewalls on Windows and the Mac host.  I installed and ran Vivado 2016.2 on this same system yesterday with no problems, and I've installed my license file for SDSoC.  I've also tried installing only the minimum allowed set of files, which gave the same error.

I did contact Xilinx customer service as the message instructs, but they said they don't answer installation questions and referred me here instead.  I appreciate any help you folks can offer.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Visitor iitaku
Visitor

Re: SDSoC 2016.2 Install Error: Files Not Available

I have same problems on Ubuntu 16.04.

install-failed.png

I'm guessing it is a kind of license issue ... ?

I only have early access license for SDSoC.

Thanks,

0 Kudos

@iitaku jjwatts@sbcglobal.net,

Can you try with the 64 bit Windows and 64 bit Linux installer?

Thanks,
Nupur
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (click on the 'thumbs-up' button).
installer.JPG
0 Kudos
Newbie cweimer

Hi,

I am early access as well, and am receiving the same problem for Windows 7.1 Pro 64 and Ubuntu 15.10 64bit.  Downloading 2016.1 of the SDoC installs fine. 

0 Kudos
Newbie ramanathanr

I am getting the exact same error. Were you able to get a solution?

--Ram

0 Kudos
Visitor erickrieg
Visitor

I've just been stopped cold by the same issue after two attempts on a 64 bit Win 7 PC.  Wondering if I should just try the 2016.1 version.   Eric

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

It seems that there's a problem with the Web Installer for SDSoC 2016.2.

Please use the full installer (the 3rd option) for now as it seems to work fine.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

This has been fixed

0 Kudos
Visitor erickrieg
Visitor

I'm not quite sure what you recommend here.   Are you saying there is a major flaw with the 2016.2 SDK and I should uninstall everything that is 2016.2?   I don't know what you mean by the "third option"     

0 Kudos