UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor uaneeshm
Visitor

SDSoC and Vivado 2018.3 Installation

Jump to solution

I have installed Vivado HL Webpack 2018.3 on Linux (Ubuntu 18.04 LTS). When I try to add SDSoC tool using Vivado GUI (Help->Add Design Tools or Devices), I am not able proceed further after I select the tools and devices. Figure 1. shows the screen upto which the installer works fine. Figure 2. shows the screen after pressing next. Pressing next on this screen simply does'nt do anything. Is there any other way (maybe through commands) I can install the SDSoC tools?

(PC spec: Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, with core-i7 processor and 16GB RAM)

screenshot1.pngFig. 1screenshot2.pngFig. 2

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: SDSoC and Vivado 2018.3 Installation

Jump to solution

Hello @uaneeshm,

Can you navigate to e.g. /opt/.xinstall/Vivado_2018.3 and in here,  you should be able to find xsetup. Run this and then see if you still seeing the same behaviour or not?

I will try to reproduce this issue at my end by opening this via Vivado GUI->Help->Add Design Tools or Devices on our local Ubuntu 18.04 machine and then I will let you know if i can see the same behaviour or not. However, try opening this from the .xinstall folder, as i had no issues in adding SDSoC tool that way.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Jump to solution

Hello @uaneeshm,

Can you navigate to e.g. /opt/.xinstall/Vivado_2018.3 and in here,  you should be able to find xsetup. Run this and then see if you still seeing the same behaviour or not?

I will try to reproduce this issue at my end by opening this via Vivado GUI->Help->Add Design Tools or Devices on our local Ubuntu 18.04 machine and then I will let you know if i can see the same behaviour or not. However, try opening this from the .xinstall folder, as i had no issues in adding SDSoC tool that way.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
Visitor uaneeshm
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thank you for the help @anatoli. I was able to run it using .xsetup as you mentioned. However I had to run .xsetup with sudo to get this working, and previously when I tried it without sudo, I ran into the same issue as mentioned earleir. I think the installer does not proceed unless the  xinstall log is created, which requires xsetup to run as sudo.

Newbie gnrao

Jump to solution

Thank you for the above tip. It works!

0 Kudos