Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor
Visitor

SDSoC license Re-Install

Jump to solution

Hello everyone,

Over a year ago I bought a Zedboard and it came with an SDSoC voucher. I used it to install Vivado 2019.1 and Vivado HLS 2019.1, the licenses are node-locked.

Unfortunately, my computer is presenting some serious issues and I need to replace the hard drive. I am going to be reinstalling the OS and all my programs afterward.

My question is:

Is there any way to keep my Vivado licenses after I reinstall the software?

Any solution would be much appreciated, I really don't want to spend a thousand dollars to repurchase a license I already have.

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @LuisFre 

If your license is valid to be used then in that case we have a license rehosting option, one can rehost a license due to machine
hardware changes, hard-drive failure or the moving of a license from one machine to another.

Please refer to the following user guide for detailed steps on how to rehost a license to a new host-id:

Rehost: Change Node-Locked or License Server Host ID for a License File: https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2020_1/ug973-vivado-release-notes-install-license.pdf#page=28

Thanks and Regards,

Ansari Hunen

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as a solution.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @LuisFre 

If your license is valid to be used then in that case we have a license rehosting option, one can rehost a license due to machine
hardware changes, hard-drive failure or the moving of a license from one machine to another.

Please refer to the following user guide for detailed steps on how to rehost a license to a new host-id:

Rehost: Change Node-Locked or License Server Host ID for a License File: https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2020_1/ug973-vivado-release-notes-install-license.pdf#page=28

Thanks and Regards,

Ansari Hunen

View solution in original post

Visitor
Visitor

Hi, @ansarimo 

Thanks for the reply. One question, how do I know if my license is valid to be used? My license was created on October 29, 2019. In Vivado License Manager appears as permanent, but in the Product Licensing Site appears as expired on October 20, 2020. I understand that the updates support of the license only lasts for a year, that's why it appears as expired. But does that mean I can no longer rehost it?

vivado license.png

Best Regards,

Luis Freire

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @LuisFre 

To check if your license is valid to be used, please refer to the following Answer record which lists the minimum version required for a license file corresponding to the respective Vivado version:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/33770.html

Though your license is expired, I suspect it will still be available on the product licensing page--> Manage license tab and by Modify License it can still be rehosted.

Thanks and Regards,

Ansari Hunen

0 Kudos

Hello @LuisFre ,

To add to what @ansarimo has explained, as you can see from your screenshot, your license has the version limit of 2020.10 (October 2020).

That means, as per AR33770, any Vivado versions that were released prior the end of October 2020, this particular license would be valid for these releases, even if the subscription end date is now lapsed.

So this license would work forever with 2020.1 and earlier versions of Vivado, but not with 2020.2 and newer versions, as 2020.2 was released in December 2020, so Vivado 2020.2 needs a valid license with min version limit of 2020.12 or higher.

Hope this helps.

image.png

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
Visitor
Visitor

Thanks for the info @ansarimo, and also thanks for the details @anatoli. I appreciate it!

Kind Regards,

Luis Freire

0 Kudos