cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

Sharing license across host and guest in Virtualbox

Hi,

I intend to acquire a new (paid)  Vivado license whereby I can run on my Windows 7 host, and also in my guest Linux OS running under Virtualbox.  I want to keep multiple VM images each with its own Vivado installation for different projects, so I probably cannot use activation-based license.  I understand that node-locked license cannot be used for Vivado running in Linux VMs.

With the above constraints, does that mean I am only left with floating license?  If using floating license, can i run a license server in host machine and the license is accessible by guest Linux OSes? How should I configure Virtualbox guest OS networking?

regards,

Neo

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hello Neo,

As far as you are able to connect VM (i.e., guest OS) to server (i.e., ping from client to server), you can use the VM to access the floating license on the server machine.

Thanks,

Vinay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi Vinay,

My license server is running on the same PC as Virtualbox.  My guest OS's networking are configured as NAT.  Will it work?  Do I have to configure Virtualbox's NAT service?

Neo

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hello Neo,

As I mentioned earlier, are you able to ping license server from Virtualbox OS?

Thanks,
Vinay
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.
0 Kudos