UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newbie esl537

Spartan 3 (xc3s200) and ISE Webpack

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm new to FPGAs and recently bought a Digilent Spartan 3 Starter Board.  One of the reasons why I bought this board was b/c Digilent advertised this FPGA as being compatible with the ISE Webpack.  However, when I try to Implement Design, I get the following Errors in the Mapping stage:

ERROR:Security:9 - No 'ISE' nor 'WebPack' feature was available for part
ERROR:Map:258 - A problem was encountered attempting to get the license for this
   architecture. 

ERROR:Security:9 - No 'ISE' nor 'WebPack' feature was available for part

ERROR:Map:258 - A problem was encountered attempting to get the license for this architecture.

I looked around the Xilinx forums and it doesn't appear that other people are having this problem.  Furthermore, I found this link on the Xilinx website:

http://www.xilinx.com/publications/matrix/Software_matrix.pdf

which suggests that this FPGA should work.  (I read xc3s50 - xc3s1500 meaning all parts between 50 and 1500 inclusive.)

BTW, I'm pretty sure the ISE Design Suite (12.2) is seeing that I have the free Webpack license installed.  I can use the License Manager utility and I can pull up my licenses found in the .Xilinx folder of my C: drive.  The utility shows all the licenses included in the "Xilinx.lic" and "XilinxFree.lic" files.

So I think I must be doing something rather trivially wrong.  Can anyone help shed some light on what my issue is?

Thanks, Edward

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Spartan 3 (xc3s200) and ISE Webpack

Jump to solution

The license path (License path:
G:/.Xilinx;C:\Xilinx\13.4\ISE_DS\ISE\/data\*.lic;C:\Xilinx\13.4\ISE_DS\ISE\/coregen/core_licenses\Xilinx.lic;C:\Xilinx\13.4\ISE_DS\ISE\/coregen/core_licenses\XilinxFree.lic;C:\Xilinx\13.4\ISE_DS\EDK/data/core_licenses\Xilinx.lic;)

suggests that the HOME drive is G:

The Xilinx software will look for a license at %HOME%\.Xilinx.  If the G: drive is not writable or the network is unstable, and the G: Drive is not always available, the license may not be found.  In cases like this, I often suggest that users copy their license file to a local ditectory (e.g C:\.Xilinx) and then change the XILINXD_LICENSE_FILE variable to point to this location.

It is also good to make sure the license file is good.  You can run "lmutil lmdiag -c c:\.Xilinx\my_license.lic" should help

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Jump to solution

Are you implementing an example design, or are you starting a design from scratch?  Try starting a design from scratch targeting the 200 and see if it works.  The 200 is supported in WebPack, so if your licenses are set up correctly, then you should be fine.  Since you've used the license manager, that utility should have correctly set your environment variables, too.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have just encountered the same issue. Has there been any further progress on identifying the cause? I am trying to implement one of the reference designs from the Xilinx webpage. I haven't yet implemented another design, but I would like to know if this error will crop up again.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor coderman
Visitor

Jump to solution

I have the same issue.  Here is the error message:

Running map...
Command Line: map -intstyle ise -p xc3s1500-fg456-5 -cm area -ir off -pr off -c 100 -o router_map.ncd router.ngd router.pcf
Using target part "3s1500fg456-5".
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
INFO:Security:51 - The XILINXD_LICENSE_FILE environment variable is not set.
INFO:Security:53 - The LM_LICENSE_FILE environment variable is not set.
INFO:Security:54 - 'xc3s1500' is a WebPack part.
INFO:Security:68a - user is iceman, on host TL55.
WARNING:Security:43 - No license file was found in the standard Xilinx license
directory.
WARNING:Security:44 - Since no license file was found,
       please run the Xilinx License Configuration Manager
       (xlcm or "Manage Xilinx Licenses")
       to assist in obtaining a license.
ERROR:Security:9c - No 'ISE' nor 'WebPack' feature version 2012.01 was available
for part 'xc3s1500'.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
No such feature exists.
Feature:       WebPack
License path:
G:/.Xilinx;C:\Xilinx\13.4\ISE_DS\ISE\/data\*.lic;C:\Xilinx\13.4\ISE_DS\ISE\/core
gen/core_licenses\Xilinx.lic;C:\Xilinx\13.4\ISE_DS\ISE\/coregen/core_licenses\Xi
linxFree.lic;C:\Xilinx\13.4\ISE_DS\EDK/data/core_licenses\Xilinx.lic;
FLEXnet Licensing error:-5,357.  System Error: 2 ""
For further information, refer to the FLEXnet Licensing documentation,
available at "www.acresso.com".No such feature exists.
Feature:       ISE
License path:
G:/.Xilinx;C:\Xilinx\13.4\ISE_DS\ISE\/data\*.lic;C:\Xilinx\13.4\ISE_DS\ISE\/core
gen/core_licenses\Xilinx.lic;C:\Xilinx\13.4\ISE_DS\ISE\/coregen/core_licenses\Xi
linxFree.lic;C:\Xilinx\13.4\ISE_DS\EDK/data/core_licenses\Xilinx.lic;
FLEXnet Licensing error:-5,357
For further information, refer to the FLEXnet Licensing documentation,
available at "www.acresso.com".
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
ERROR:Map:258 - A problem was encountered attempting to get the license for this
   architecture.

Design Summary
--------------
Number of errors   :   1
Number of warnings :   0

Process "Map" failed

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

The license path (License path:
G:/.Xilinx;C:\Xilinx\13.4\ISE_DS\ISE\/data\*.lic;C:\Xilinx\13.4\ISE_DS\ISE\/coregen/core_licenses\Xilinx.lic;C:\Xilinx\13.4\ISE_DS\ISE\/coregen/core_licenses\XilinxFree.lic;C:\Xilinx\13.4\ISE_DS\EDK/data/core_licenses\Xilinx.lic;)

suggests that the HOME drive is G:

The Xilinx software will look for a license at %HOME%\.Xilinx.  If the G: drive is not writable or the network is unstable, and the G: Drive is not always available, the license may not be found.  In cases like this, I often suggest that users copy their license file to a local ditectory (e.g C:\.Xilinx) and then change the XILINXD_LICENSE_FILE variable to point to this location.

It is also good to make sure the license file is good.  You can run "lmutil lmdiag -c c:\.Xilinx\my_license.lic" should help

0 Kudos
Visitor coderman
Visitor

[SOLVED]: Spartan 3 (xc3s200) and ISE Webpack

Jump to solution

Thank-you, that worked.

0 Kudos